Online billing promos: Marriott vs SPG vs ?

Old Aug 25, 01, 4:49 am

Original Poster

Online billing promos: Marriott vs SPG vs ?

www.att.com/marriott -- switch to online billing get a 5k bonus plus 5 MR points per dollar.

www.att.com/starwood -- switch to online billing get a 2k bonus plus 1 SPG point per dollar.

Any others out there?

Decisions, decisions.

-David
Old Aug 25, 01, 1:28 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LIH Prem:
www.att.com/marriott -- switch to online billing get a 5k bonus plus 5 MR points per dollar.

www.att.com/starwood -- switch to online billing get a 2k bonus plus 1 SPG point per dollar.

Any others out there?

Decisions, decisions.

-David
</font>
Thanks David,

Another 5k in my Marriott account http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif
Old Aug 25, 01, 1:32 pm

Almost forgot some others that are in the same catagory (AT&T)...

5k for $4.95/month internet
http://www.download.att.net/marriott/

5k for changing to AT&T
http://www.marriottrewards.com/points/travelp.asp
(scroll down to the AT&T part and it gives you a # to call)

Thanks 15k MR points!!! I will get on that cruise soon http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif
Old Aug 28, 01, 9:02 am

How long do you have to STAY with AT&T or can you switch out after a month? Thanks, Cricket4
Old Sep 1, 01, 5:32 am

Just a suggestion when you do this. Keep a hardcopy of the screen where you sign up for the on-line billing and your emails from AT&T. I signed up via the Marriott promotion on 5/23. My first on-line statement was available on 6/18. After 2 calls to Marriott I have yet to see ANY of the 5000 points. They are "researching" it. I have had to fax copies of these to Marriott since the first rep couldn't even find the promo. The second rep at least knew what I was talking about (since the first rep didn't follow through for the request of the points) and I was told to wait another 2 weeks while it was researched. I wonder how many people never receive points/miles for various promos because they forget or don't have the documentation. It does get old.
Old Sep 1, 01, 6:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by msrohud:
Just a suggestion when you do this. Keep a hardcopy of the screen where you sign up for the on-line billing and your emails from AT&T. I signed up via the Marriott promotion on 5/23. My first on-line statement was available on 6/18. After 2 calls to Marriott I have yet to see ANY of the 5000 points. They are "researching" it. I have had to fax copies of these to Marriott since the first rep couldn't even find the promo. The second rep at least knew what I was talking about (since the first rep didn't follow through for the request of the points) and I was told to wait another 2 weeks while it was researched. I wonder how many people never receive points/miles for various promos because they forget or don't have the documentation. It does get old.</font>
msrohud,

Thanks for the advise. I will do that right away!

George...

Old Sep 7, 01, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My problem is that I already have AT&T online billing when I first switched to AT&T, and I did not link it to any reward or promotional program at that time.

Now when I try to get my AT&T online billing linked to my Preferred SPG, they are telling me no. Does anyone have any similiar experience? What do you do next?

THanks.
Old Sep 9, 01, 1:14 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ChaseTheMiles:
My problem is that I already have AT&T online billing when I first switched to AT&T, and I did not link it to any reward or promotional program at that time.

Now when I try to get my AT&T online billing linked to my Preferred SPG, they are telling me no. Does anyone have any similiar experience? What do you do next?

THanks.
</font>
To what program is your AT&T long distance linked? I wonder if there's something in place which prevents your having the account associated w/ more than one affinity program? Just a thought...

It could just boil down to their system having "issues"...

If your AT&T long distance account is linked w/ Starwood, I'd call AT&T's Affinity Programs dept, & request some sort of ~"manual override". It'd be worth a shot...

Search this Thread