Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Lima - Cuzco: Which side of the plane?

Old Jun 30, 2005, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum

I've got a flight LIM - CUZ - LIM coming up, and was wondering what side of the plane would be best for good views. I thought I had read someplace that the left side of the airplane was best LIM - CUZ, and the opposite on the way back. I wanted to confirm that this is true.

Also, I called up LanPeru to get a window seat on the left side of the airplane LIM - CUZ, and the agent gave me 11J. This seem strange to me because I think most times the airlines letter the seats from left to right, so a seat on the left hand side of the airplane should be 11A, not 11J. I asked the agent about this, and she assured me she was looking at the seating map and that 11J was on the left hand side. I have my doubts, however. Thoughts?
Old Jun 30, 2005, 3:33 pm

From Andean travel web

There are many daily flights between Lima and Cusco. All flights depart in the mornings because the weather is usually better and the pilot needs to see where he is going as he navigates a few tricky mountains just before landing in Cusco. The views out of the left hand windows are particularly good of snow-capped Salkantay about 10 minutes before arriving at Cusco but you can't always decide which seat you get allocated. The flight time is about 50 minutes. If you really can't afford to miss you flight then we suggest taking one of the early flights before 09:30 since later flights often become delayed or cancelled particularly during the wet season in the highlands (January to March). Airline companies operating this route include Lan Peru (www.lanperu.com), AeroContinente (www.aerocontinente.com), TACA www.taca.com and TANS www.tansperu.com.pe
Andean Travel Web

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.