Wiki Posts
Search

Urubamba Train to AC?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2022, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Titanium Member
Urubamba Train to AC?

Hello, I read that there's a train that runs directly from Urubamba Train station to Aguas Calientes, I think I read the train is run by PeruRail.

Is this train service no longer available? I couldn't find Urubamba on PeruRail's dropdown list, they only have Ollantaytambo station.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 4:29 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by sfflyer415
Hello, I read that there's a train that runs directly from Urubamba Train station to Aguas Calientes, I think I read the train is run by PeruRail.

Is this train service no longer available? I couldn't find Urubamba on PeruRail's dropdown list, they only have Ollantaytambo station.
There's a message on the website mentioning "At the moment we are not operating"
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
We were there in May and stayed at the Marriott Inka del Tambo where the Urubamba train station is located. At the time the train was not running and no one could tell us when service would resume. We hiked the Inca Trail to MP. Then we took a train from AC to Ollantaytambo and then a taxi back the Inka del Tambo. I thought there would be plenty of cabs meeting the train but that was not the case and we had a bit of an issue getting one. I would recommend reserving a transfer.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 7:42 am

We were just there....

We were in Sacred Valley, Urabamba specifically, 2 weeks ago. We had to take a taxi to Ollaytatambo to pick up the train to AC. We were in SV for a week, with 2 days of hiking MP. Ask me any questions!
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:11 pm

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
It is curious there does not seem to be any info online about why it is not running - if it is due to maintenance issues (track or train), labor issues, or something else?

Last edited by Section 107; Aug 9, 2022 at 4:05 pm
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:10 pm

Covid

Originally Posted by Section 107
It is curious there does not seem to be any info online about why it is not running - if it is due to maintenance issues (track or train), labor issues, or something else?
I think it was/is still related to Covid. Not sure if its staffing, or limiting the number of visitors or what, but I think it's pandemic related. BTW, if anyone is planning on going to MP, ticket sales were getting close to being fully sold out. So, its wise to plan ahead for sure. Our trip was as close to last minute, we decided I think end of May, to go end of July. We were in Argentina, so worked our way from BA, to Arequipa ( loved it!) , to Lima then Sacred Valley

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.