Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recommendation for quick stop in LIM

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2022, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Recommendation for quick stop in LIM

Because of flight cancellations, I'm going to make my way back to Lima before flying home the following day. What can I do with only a few hours in the late afternoon/evening? Any recommendations on where to stay? Seems like Miraflores is a good area. I have Hilton and Bonvoy Gold statuses if that matters. Looks like most museums that are open close pretty early and many are temporarily closed.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:02 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hilton Diamond
We stayed at the El Pardo Doubletree in Miraflores a few weeks ago and they were fantastic. We didn't have a lot of time there, but they upgraded me to a suite and we had an excellent dinner at the hotel restaurant. I can't help a whole lot with things to do...we had a food and sociocultural tour booked (through Alternative Peru) for our one full day and then we headed to Cusco the next morning. We had a 10 hour layover in Lima on our way home and I had originally planned to get picked up from the airport by a taxi service and shuttled around to various Lima sights, but we were so wiped out from our trip (we hiked the Inca trail, did a via ferrata, and another hike in Cusco and then 3 days in the rain forest) that we decided to just get a room at the airport hotel so we could nap and shower before our 1 am flight back to the US. Keep in mind, too, that Lima traffic is insane, which was another reason I cancelled the taxi service. It takes at least 45 minutes to an hour to get to Miraflores from the airport. I think we probably spent more of our time in Lima going through crazy traffic than doing anything else!
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GBeckman
We stayed at the El Pardo Doubletree in Miraflores a few weeks ago and they were fantastic. We didn't have a lot of time there, but they upgraded me to a suite and we had an excellent dinner at the hotel restaurant. I can't help a whole lot with things to do...we had a food and sociocultural tour booked (through Alternative Peru) for our one full day and then we headed to Cusco the next morning. We had a 10 hour layover in Lima on our way home and I had originally planned to get picked up from the airport by a taxi service and shuttled around to various Lima sights, but we were so wiped out from our trip (we hiked the Inca trail, did a via ferrata, and another hike in Cusco and then 3 days in the rain forest) that we decided to just get a room at the airport hotel so we could nap and shower before our 1 am flight back to the US. Keep in mind, too, that Lima traffic is insane, which was another reason I cancelled the taxi service. It takes at least 45 minutes to an hour to get to Miraflores from the airport. I think we probably spent more of our time in Lima going through crazy traffic than doing anything else!
Hah, I ended up booking that same hotel after seeing lots of people speak highly of it and I was able to get a price match. I started looking for tours but I think like you I may just be tired, and not much will even be open, so I'll try to have a nice dinner and maybe hit up the Larco Museum if its open.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Can confirm the traffic in Lima is freaking nuts, but the El Pardo was very nice. Wish I could have stayed longer.
GBeckman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.