Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

Nazca (Nasca) lines, Peru

Old Apr 3, 18, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTS

I am visiting Peru for 9 days this August doing 3 in Lima and 6 in Cusco.

I would be staying at the Four points Miraflores hotel. I want to do a Nazca lines trip and the cheapest private transfer would cost $400+ per person.

Alternatively I was thinking of booking a taxi using taxidatum.com for the entire day and visit the Islands and the Nazca lines. The qoute I got was $200 for an entire day. Nazca flights would cost an additional $80 and boat transfer at $15 per person.

Has anyone tried this option?? I only saw someone took a bus ans stayed overnight at Paracas - I dont want to do that.

Any thoughts??
Old Apr 3, 18, 11:05 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
I've used taxidatum.com, but only between LIM & Miaflores & reverse - they are very reliable.
Old Apr 3, 18, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rubesl View Post
I've used taxidatum.com, but only between LIM & Miaflores & reverse - they are very reliable.
Thanks - are the taxis comfortable over long distances??
Old Apr 4, 18, 11:19 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
I guess, I've usually booked them when we had multiple people and I needed a van, but ask them what vehicles they have available. Try asking their booking manager, Leonardo Amoretti.
Old Apr 4, 18, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rubesl View Post
I guess, I've usually booked them when we had multiple people and I needed a van, but ask them what vehicles they have available. Try asking their booking manager, Leonardo Amoretti.
Will do that - thanks.
Old Apr 25, 18, 5:11 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
I would strongly recommend a taxi. I rented a car 4/7-4/14/2018 and it ended up costing a lot more than planned. I used my CSR card but it was still 3X's more than where we started price wise.
Also the taxi counter is easy to find, right next to the car rentals in the airport.
Old Nov 13, 19, 5:53 pm
Community Director

I'm going to bump this existing thread in hopes that some of you who responded earlier are also knowledgeable about how I'd like to do it.

We will arrive at Lima Airport at 1am and stay at the Wyndham right at the airport. We want to do a day trip to the Nazca Lines. Has anyone used a company to do this and what did you think? I've found this company online: Nazca Lines from Lima - Tour Packages We'd have a private car for the drive to Paracas, then a shared 90 minute flight over the lines, then the reverse back to Lima.

Even if you aren't familiar with a day trip from Lima, who has flown from Paracas over the lines? What did you think? Was it worth taking a day and seeing them?
Old Nov 14, 19, 8:45 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
I've only seen the Lines from the ground, from the rickety lookout tower beside the Panamerican highway. They're interesting enough, but I'm not sure they're worth an entire day from Lima. You'll get about 15 minutes max I'm guessing, to see the Lines but you'll be on the road from dawn until dusk. That's going to be a three hour trip one way between Lima and Paracas, maybe more if there's traffic (which there almost certainly will be).

Also, the Maria Reich Museum in Nazca was worth seeing, and going by air you'll miss that.

All that said, I think the Nazca Lines are interesting and if you only have a day to see them, then the alternative you're choosing is the best one.

If you're doing this between mid-December and March, get the driver to stop in Asia, about 100km south of Lima. It's an upscale beach community where many rich Limeños have their summer beach homes. There's a commercial center right beside the Panamerican Highway where many of Lima's most popular restaurants (Antica Pizzeria, Segundo Muelle, etc.) have set up shop. There's also a Wong grocery store. Nice place to take a break on the long drive back to Lima.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Nov 14, 19, 8:56 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
I'm going to bump this existing thread in hopes that some of you who responded earlier are also knowledgeable about how I'd like to do it.

We will arrive at Lima Airport at 1am and stay at the Wyndham right at the airport. We want to do a day trip to the Nazca Lines. Has anyone used a company to do this and what did you think? I've found this company online: Nazca Lines from Lima - Tour Packages We'd have a private car for the drive to Paracas, then a shared 90 minute flight over the lines, then the reverse back to Lima.

Even if you aren't familiar with a day trip from Lima, who has flown from Paracas over the lines? What did you think? Was it worth taking a day and seeing them?
Now if only you knew someone who'd written a trip report including the lines... maybe even one that you already posted in...

It was only 16 years ago - how could you have forgotten so soon!
Old Nov 14, 19, 9:35 am
Community Director

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac View Post
Now if only you knew someone who'd written a trip report including the lines... maybe even one that you already posted in...

It was only 16 years ago - how could you have forgotten so soon!
It's that report that has motivated me ever since to visit the lines. We intended to visit them several years back but we had to cut the trip short due to work forcing a return to California. Fortunately, we had already had a fantastic trip from Arequipa thru Colca Canyon to Puno and north, inspired by your travels.

Search this Thread