La punta in Lima

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La punta in Lima

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2016, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
La punta in Lima

Have a 5.5 hour transit layover (from Cuzco, then going to Panama City) at Lima airport tomorrow and our hotel is suggesting we go to la punta for a bit before coming back to the airport. Any thoughts?
Old May 9, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
Oh, wow. La Punta is just... amazing. I went there about a month ago and it was extraordinary.

To the east of Lima we have a city called Callao. It can be a very dangerous area. However, all the way to the east, you will find a small district in Callao, called La Punta. If you know how to get there or have someone to take there (driver, Uber) you will enjoy it a lot.

The district is surrounded by the calm sea. Everyone's really nice. There are some people that have boats, and take you around the coast to see some animals for like 25 soles.

The food is fresh and great. I went to a restaurant called La Caleta, and it was very very good. The price per dish was around 35 soles, but if I didn't want to eat that much (the dishes were huge) they could make you a 25 soles version of the dish.

If you have a way to get there, please go. It's an oasis in the city. No traffic around, and it's beautiful. 100% recommended, and I'm glad you mentioned it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.