Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Peru
Reload this Page >

1 hr 10 mins transit in Lima, enough time?

Old May 23, 14, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Also, how do I know if I'll need to recheck my luggage? I'm travelling from London, UK to Cordoba, Argentina, changing airlines in Lima from American to Latam.

I'm new to this if you hadn't guessed.
Thanks
Old May 23, 14, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier 50K elite, EY silver, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, AA/UA (and CO,NW) once gold now dirt.
Airlines are worse today anout interlining bags than they used to be, but that would seem to be critical here and the worst they could do would be to say no. You definitely don't want to have to claim the bag or go all the way out and then back in, as odds of not hitting a snag in that brief a time aren't good (in MEX they force everyone to go through immigration and customs and then back in, even for connecting flights)

U need an interlined bag and a connections counter on the airside, but I can't say for sure whether LIM has that with that airline represented. I'd try to go the carry-on route if at all possible.
Old May 27, 14, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I did a similar transfer from Los Angeles in Lima en route to Cordoba and had no issues. I would say book a ticket as close to the front of the plane as possible and then use the walk to security to pass some folks. But we were able to clear security quickly, we didn't need to collect bags, and then the airport is pretty small so it was a quick walk to the gate.

Good luck! Cordoba is a beautiful place!
Old Jun 2, 14, 4:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
AA, LA and JJ are all oneworld airlines, so interlining baggage should not be a problem. No need to recheck luggage, though if you experience delays it's always possible you or / and your bag(s) will have to wait for the next available flight.

Search this Thread