Wiki Posts
Search

Caral Lounge - LIM / Lima

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2014, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Caral Lounge - LIM / Lima

Hello,

We're arriving around 1am from PTY. Will we be able to get to the domestic side and into the Caral lounge (Priority Pass Select) at that time? Our connection to CUZ is at 5:30am on AV839. Thanks.
Old May 25, 2014, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Posting from the Caral lounge now. Found out that it was not hard at all to get here, but probably not worth the visit.

We hoped to take a nap for a couple hours , but the TVs are loud and they won't turn them down, probably to discourage people from napping.

There is a shower, but they had only one towel.

In the terminal they had benches we probably would be more comfortable sleeping on, but were afraid of being robbed.

This photo shows almost the entire place. We had expected it to be a lot bigger.

Old May 25, 2014, 3:26 am
Original Poster

The shower room is tiny. I suggest preparing your clothes change before going in because it will be difficult opening a rolling bag or backpack in there. Hot shower before the early morning flight to cuz feels great though especially after 8hr+ flight to LIM.
Old May 27, 2014, 9:29 am

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by Tummy
In the terminal they had benches we probably would be more comfortable sleeping on, but were afraid of being robbed.
Lol, it's Lima, not Atlanta.....

This lounge is always full, and they have recently been cleaning around lunchtime for several hours. They've refused me access quite a few times now because of this.
Old May 27, 2014, 9:53 am
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
It's a very little lounge. Tummy's picture shows it bigger than it actually is.

Glad to read that you were able to enter anyway. Few years ago I read the domestic terminal was closed until 4am, though Caral lounge was listed as 24x7.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm, does seem like a lounge to look forward to.

But if I have two hours between an int'l to domestic connection, and a prioritypass card, I guess I'm going to pop in.

Is there any food of any kind at breakfast time?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by iahphx
But if I have two hours between an int'l to domestic connection, and a prioritypass card, I guess I'm going to pop in.
Depending on whether or not you're in the mood, there's a pretty good massage place landside at the top of the escalators to the right that offers massages for S./1 per minute. Great way to unwind after a longhaul flight.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC
It's almost noon here now and there is only a bowl of flakes and some warm juice for breakfast food. No toaster. Another spot has some buns, butter, cheese, biscuits and nuts.

There are no other alternatives for wifi or place to buy a sim card in the domestic air side of LIM. Wifi is some type of linksys box and some pages have trouble loading with about a dozen people in here (half full).

Greg

Originally Posted by iahphx
Hmmm, does seem like a lounge to look forward to.

Is there any food of any kind at breakfast time?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:38 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by greguet
There are no other alternatives for wifi or place to buy a sim card in the domestic air side of LIM. Wifi is some type of linksys box and some pages have trouble loading with about a dozen people in here (half full).

Greg
If I recall, I could get free wifi in the public food court. My recollection isn't all that good, and I may be wrong, but I think I remember getting it, although very slow. Yea, it was there for sure (upon google confirmation.) http://freewifiwiki.net/index.php?title=Peru
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:35 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by fastair
If I recall, I could get free wifi in the public food court. My recollection isn't all that good, and I may be wrong, but I think I remember getting it, although very slow. Yea, it was there for sure (upon google confirmation.) http://freewifiwiki.net/index.php?title=Peru
At the food court? Don't recall that, it has Boingo (not free). I'll check Thursday. Yes, Starbucks and the other new similar place near the new ATMs has WiFi you can use.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:08 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by bingocallerb22
At the food court? Don't recall that, it has Boingo (not free). I'll check Thursday. Yes, Starbucks and the other new similar place near the new ATMs has WiFi you can use.
The food court no longer has it. I used to hang out there for hours getting slow wifi, now, I ended up going thru security to the sushi bar where one can smoke or use their desktop machines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.