Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possibility of Buying Last Minute Ticket LIM-CUZ

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Possibility of Buying Last Minute Ticket LIM-CUZ

I just realized that I did a crappy job of booking my flights from the US to Cuzco next week. On an AA award ticket, I am due to arrive in LIM from MIA at 5:30 am. I am then supposed to depart LIM on a BA award ticket to CUZ at 7:20 am. When I booked the tickets, I forgot that I would have to go through immigration and then back through security and from what I have read, the immigration line can take quite a bit of time. I am now worried that I will miss my connecting flight.

Am I being paranoid, or should I be worried about the <2 hours (assuming no delays) I have upon arrival?

If I do miss my flight, what is the likelihood that I will be able to book another ticket on the spot? (I would like to avoid a very long bus ride). I called BA already to see if I could change my flight to a later one, but the operator I spoke with said there did not seem to be anything available. However, LAN shows later flights available as of today.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Breathe easy. Given your flight is one of the early ones you should clear quickly, so looks like time is OK. If not, there are almost hourly flights on LAN LIM-CUZ. And LAN is very forgiving on that route. Remember you can print your boarding pass 48 hours before, worth doing.

You didn't mention date, but odd what the BA person stated. Could be, but LAN and BA are having issues about award availability right now.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I do feel a lot better now. My flight is on Wednesday and I plan on printing out my boarding pass and only having carry on luggage, so hopefully I can get through pretty quickly.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Fortunately, I didn't experience any problems despite my flight from MIA leaving 15 minutes late. No line for immigration, so I was even at the gate 20 minutes early for my domestic flight
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:25 pm

I missed my connectin flight in Lima to Cuzco. Had a 2 hour stopover but.... Ended up buying 2 tickets for 600 on the spot with LAN!
Old May 20, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by awardticket
I missed my connectin flight in Lima to Cuzco. Had a 2 hour stopover but.... Ended up buying 2 tickets for 600 on the spot with LAN!
Sorry to hear that. You didn't try to book BA award ticket, did you?
Old May 23, 2013, 9:45 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by awardticket
Not relevant to LAN, but once I missed my Star Peru flight LIM to CUZ so at the airport they put me on a flight the next day for $30. Painless
Old Jun 3, 2013, 5:12 am

When I landed in Lima, after passing the imigration, I went directly to the ticket office and bought a ticket for Star Peru for the next flight. Cos 110$ and it took me 10 minutes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.