Wiki Posts
Search

Lima Airport Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2011, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Lima Airport Lounge

Hi!

My husband and I are planning a trip for this summer and will be spending a considerable amount of time in Lima Airport. We will be flying in from Cusco around 5pm, and then flying to IPC (Easter Island, Chile) at 1:15am the following morning. Our outgoing flight is business class. Does anyone know if we will have access to the lounge for these 8 hours? What amenities are provided in the VIP lounge? Showers? Beds? Any other suggestions on how to spend this time?

Thank you so much!
Old Dec 23, 2011, 9:13 am
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
Sumaq is always crowded since it was elected the best of the world in 2010, and it's well known for the best pisco sour. But the Vip Club has almost the same facilities. Sincerely I prefer Vip Club because is far less crowded, faster wifi. Well I never needed a shower there (Sumaq has, but Vip Club I guess it doesn't).

http://www.lap.com.pe/lap_portal/ingles/otros.html

If you fly business class, you can enter any of those rooms.

Last edited by Villavic; Dec 23, 2011 at 3:42 pm
Old Dec 24, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP
The Sumaq lounge does have beds in a nice quiet room, but I rarely see one empty.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Writing this from the VIP Club at 10:15p local time. It's a very large room with screaming kids. Food options are potato chips, plantain chips, crackers with cream cheese, and some pound cakes. At least they have a fresh OJ machine?

I wish I had seen this beforehand and tried the Sumaq lounge, but UA gave me a voucher that said "VIP lounge" on it so I figured they meant this one.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Villavic
Sumaq is always crowded since it was elected the best of the world in 2010, and it's well known for the best pisco sour. But the Vip Club has almost the same facilities. Sincerely I prefer Vip Club because is far less crowded, faster wifi. Well I never needed a shower there (Sumaq has, but Vip Club I guess it doesn't).

http://www.lap.com.pe/lap_portal/ingles/otros.html

If you fly business class, you can enter any of those rooms.
The VIP was such a quilombo a few mornings ago (after being refused into SUMAQ because of capacity) that we left. If there were 2 chairs, we'd have stayed. We found one broken chair. I didn't know it was broken until I went to lean to the side, and yes, the metal was split. This was after a 10+ minute wait for coffee. The one time I took a shower at SUMAQ, it was in a shower room that had a malfunctioning toilet. Oh joy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.