Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue to Open SEA-BOS in November

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2005, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
JetBlue to Open SEA-BOS in November

Another midnight turn/redeye like the SEA-JFK service... but this means more pressure on AS I think:

http://www.jetblue.com/learnmore/pre...asp?newsId=337
Old Aug 31, 2005, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Seattle will be the 10th destination JetBlue serves from Boston, and we look forward to offering our award-winning amenities, including extra legroom, our in-flight entertainment options at every seat and our continued commitment to excellent service to our customers on this new route."
I had no idea they were building such a presence at BOS.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
It's pretty amazing. We have a lot less JetBlue consciousness out here in the west, but they've been quietly building themselves a big business at Logan.

I should add, though, that my 11-year-old son is acutely aware of B6 and wants to fly them on our next trip back east. When an airline can get a kid to think its brand is cool, they're doing something... well, if not profitable (kid doesn't buy the tickets), at least different & interesting.

Last edited by BearX220; Aug 31, 2005 at 5:04 pm
Old Aug 31, 2005, 8:57 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Frankly, I'm happy to see any new redeye service coming to seattle. For one thing, the concessions will stay open longer for our 9 pm delayed flights to . xxx.

I like options, the fact the flight leaves BOS later than the AS flight gives us more flexiblity in planning our trips to the east coast for both work and pleasure.

lala
Old Sep 4, 2005, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold
As a UA 1K who is originally from BOS, I can't decide whether I want this route to succeed or fail--hopefully at the very least UA will match whatever fares B6 has.
Old Sep 8, 2005, 8:56 pm

Just tell me this, if this first flight succeeds, will Alaska be forced to pull back, especially with the other schedule considerations that airline is dealing with? Will AS SEA-BOS become SEA-MIA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.