Southwest Pulls Out of Bellingham

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2024, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Bukovina Elite, Circassian Air Gold, Carthaginian Airlines Platinum

Southwest Airlines is ending operations at BLI at the beginning of August. This is a popular airport not only for the region but also for British Columbians who cross the border to access cheaper fares on U.S. domestic flights. With Southwest gone, this just leaves one destination with Alaska (SeaTac) and a handful of cities with Allegiant.

https://aviationweek.com/air-transpo...-april-22-2024

What are the chances that an airline like Avelo would enter the market? e.g. BLI-BUR?
Old Apr 30, 2024, 10:33 am

Programs: Free agent!
I saw this news this morning and I was wondering if BLI or specifically WN are seeing lower number of Canadian travellers using the airport. I assume that the weak Canadian dollar is not helping things on that front and in terms of the destinations that WN offered n/s out of BLI, I would imagine that LAS was the one that attracted the most passengers to cross the border to BLI.
TravellingChris likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
I saw this news this morning and I was wondering if BLI or specifically WN are seeing lower number of Canadian travellers using the airport. I assume that the weak Canadian dollar is not helping things on that front and in terms of the destinations that WN offered n/s out of BLI, I would imagine that LAS was the one that attracted the most passengers to cross the border to BLI.
And/or, possibly, the very-seasonal cruise traffic and the cost difficulties in arranging transport to/from Vancouver. There have been inquiries from those thinking BLI is a cheap place to fly to close to Vancouver and then the reality of arranging transportation between the two hits.
kevincrumbs likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.