Wiki Posts
Search

SEA - FutureFlight or Pikes Place?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2009, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Independent
SEA - FutureFlight or Pikes Place?

I have one day to spend in Seattle Sunday. First priority - sleep late!

So trying to figure out what to do. I have wanted to head up to do the Boeing tour and the Future of Flight museum, but figure between getting a car and driving up and back, by the time I got back downtown it would be late and everything would be closed. Or, I could just spend the day walking around Pikes Place and the waterfront. But then I miss the 787 interior!

Suggestions on which is better? Will there be enough at Pike Place and maybe Pioneer Square to entertain myself for a day? Will I regret missing these places if I go to Everett?
Old Sep 29, 2009, 8:56 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Cloudship
I have one day to spend in Seattle Sunday. First priority - sleep late!

So trying to figure out what to do. I have wanted to head up to do the Boeing tour and the Future of Flight museum, but figure between getting a car and driving up and back, by the time I got back downtown it would be late and everything would be closed. Or, I could just spend the day walking around Pikes Place and the waterfront. But then I miss the 787 interior!

Suggestions on which is better? Will there be enough at Pike Place and maybe Pioneer Square to entertain myself for a day? Will I regret missing these places if I go to Everett?
Pike, not Pikes, Pike's, Pikes' or Pyque's.

I wouldn't bother with Everett if your time is that tight. Wander around the market, or the waterfront, or Pioneer Square. If you still need an airplane fix, don't bother with the FoF, head for the Museum of Flight down at Boeing Field - www.museumofflight.org - which is a superb museum.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL GM
If you're thinking about driving up to Everett and taking the Boeing factory tour, don't. It is very underwhelming. I did it last year and found it to be a total waste of time. The Museum of Flight in Seattle (at Boeing Field) is much better and much more interesting.

If you want the "Seattle" experience, kick around the Pike Place Market, ride the ferry across to Bainbridge Island, ride the monorail down to the Seattle Center or, if the weather is good, go down to Lake Union and take a float plane tour of the city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.