Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aerolineas Argentinas (AR) Domestic Experience?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2009, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Marriott Gold

Good Afternoon Everyone.

Has anyone had any recent experience with AR's domestic service? I'm setting up a trip in November and just booked AEP-REL-FTE-USH-AEP all in Coach. These are all pretty short flights... but what kind of service should we expect on these? They're on Boeing 735's & MD 83's... will they have a soft drink service on the flight? Any snacks at all? If we had a chance to purchase up to business for a discounted rate on the day of flight for our longest flight, say USH-AEP (2.5 hours) would you suggest it? What additional services would they offer in business? Just free Drinks?

I can't find any seat guru or seatexpert seatmaps for this airline so I'm just curious how it will play out... any experience or thoughts are appreciated.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 9:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
USH-AEP is a 3:20hs flight
Old Jun 24, 2009, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by heramato
USH-AEP is a 3:20hs flight
True... I wasn't in front of the schedule when I posted... are are right... any thoughts on the flight itself?
Old Jun 25, 2009, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
AR in business will give you a snack or meal depending on the duration of flight. Y on the MD is very tight, also they constantly swap planes and some do not have a C class, I have been on paid C and had to sit in coach because equipment was changed.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Here are some AR Business Pics:

Old Jul 1, 2009, 3:14 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
I have some recent experiences with AUSTRAL (the airline who operates the MD8x on behalf of Aerolineas).

Legroom in coach is not that bad - most European carriers have a tighter seating.

On AEP-RES (one hour), a sandwich was served - on AEP-MDZ (about 50 minutes) just some chips. Of course this snacks (and the drinks as well) were free.

Biz on the Mad Dog looks like on the pictures above (I did not try it) - but only a few planes of AUSTRAL have a biz cabin. Most are single class.

Overall, the flights were not unpleasant at all.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rolov
Here are some AR Business Pics:

Thank You for the pictures and responce.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rorschi
I have some recent experiences with AUSTRAL (the airline who operates the MD8x on behalf of Aerolineas).

Legroom in coach is not that bad - most European carriers have a tighter seating. Overall, the flights were not unpleasant at all.
Do they charge for alcohol in Y on AR? I'm thinking about seeing if we could upgrade the day of the flight, assuming it's available for the USH-EZE segment. Thanks again everyone for your comments.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
How about EZE-ASU, which I am doing later this month on a 735. It's not domestic but it's on the short side. Similar service to their domestic runs?
Old Jul 8, 2009, 6:38 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
Anyone know when they will contact you regarding cancellations?

I booked a ticket for December 09 back in March and found out by chance that my flight was cancelled. When i called them to confirm if it was true, they said it was, but never bothered to inform me! And they wouldn't send the new flight ot me in writing....shady!!

How often does this happen with them? Should I call and verify all my flights every day in the month leading up to them? I'm flying 3 segments with them throughout Argentina.
Old Jul 8, 2009, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I'm flying AEP-IGR in November. Can I check-in online to snag a seat assignment or can it only be done at the airport?
Old Jul 9, 2009, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

No online seating?

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
I'm flying AEP-IGR in November. Can I check-in online to snag a seat assignment or can it only be done at the airport?
Its wierd that they don't let you assign seats online... or at least it seems that way for me so far... am I missing something? Thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I'm trying to check my brother and myself in online for an Austral-operated AR flight (AR #2742) from AEP-IGR tomorrow, and the seat map only shows one seat available for selection: 7D. What, is my brother supposed to sit on my lap? I can't even continue the check-in with 7D selected for one of us and no seat selected for the other traveler. Should I take this as a worrying sign that the flight is oversold?
Old Dec 9, 2009, 10:32 am

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Flying AR

Expect a late departure/late arrival, or even a cancellation. Fly anyone else if possible. Enroute from EZE to BsAs take a look at all the AR aircraft sitting on the ground. I doubt 20 percent of them could get into the air.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 10:54 am

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
My Argentine friend told me that he will never fly AR again because the last time he flew to EZE from JFK the plane seemed to have loose floorboards and he could hear wind entering the cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.