Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

which one is better Aeromexico or Mexicana airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which one is better Aeromexico or Mexicana airline

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Hello - thanks for the useful info in this thread so far.

I am considering a one-way MIA-CUN on MX in either Business or Economy using BA miles. I am sure business is a waste of miles for such a short flight but it would allow us to carry on a second item of hand baggage, right? Also, in economy is the first checked bag free? The MX website states "one free bag" but doesn't say whether this includes hand+checked or one or the other.

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:34 am

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Hello - thanks for the useful info in this thread so far.

I am considering a one-way MIA-CUN on MX in either Business or Economy using BA miles. I am sure business is a waste of miles for such a short flight but it would allow us to carry on a second item of hand baggage, right? Also, in economy is the first checked bag free? The MX website states "one free bag" but doesn't say whether this includes hand+checked or one or the other.

Thanks in advance
I believe you are allowed one carry-on and one checked. I would, however, call MX to confirm the info is correct.

BTW, I hope you know that officially all foreigners must have proof that they will leave Mexico. Airlines may not let you board your flight in MIA without this proof of return.

If you get any more info, please let us all know.

Good luck.

Last edited by Open Jaw; Jan 21, 2010 at 11:45 am
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Thank you. Yes, we have onward travel and evidence (we need the same to enter the US, too!)

It seems such a shame that redeeming in business class is the only way to avoid checking a bag, but that's the rules.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
I'm looking at getting to Cancun for NYE - planning Dec 29th to Jan 2nd ... expensive dates to buy flights from DCA. $650-700 and up

I have some AMEX points I can transfer into various FF programs - Mexicana and AeroMexico included.

AA and Delta want 60-70k miles

It looks like Frontier would be difficult, as it's not direct from DCA, I think I'd first have to get to a direct flight airport, and while they only look for 35k miles, it's unclear if any award travel seats would be available

Aeromexico would want "30k" miles for round trip - but it appears reading this thread that they will then tack on $300+ in 'fuel costs' - so too good to be true ? Or should I pursue further?
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:04 am

Programs: BA/AA/UA
Originally Posted by Open Jaw

BTW, I hope you know that officially all foreigners must have proof that they will leave Mexico. Airlines may not let you board your flight in MIA without this proof of return.
Wow... the word irony comes to mind...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.