Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Can you earn ATA Travel Awards by flying on Southwest Airlines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you earn ATA Travel Awards by flying on Southwest Airlines?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2007, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Question Can you earn ATA Travel Awards by flying on Southwest Airlines?

We recently flew on ATA to Hawaii and want to get more FF miles on ATA. We are taking a flight on Southwest Airlines which we do not fly very often and would like to earn ATA FF miles. Is this possible?

I have read on the SWA and ATA sites that ATA Travel Awards can be converted to SWA Rapid Rewards or when traveling on ATA one can choose to have ATA FF miles or SWA Rapid Rewards. But I do not see it being available the other way.....in other words flying SWA and getting ATA award points.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Are they planning to let SWA flights earn ATA Travel Awards?
Old Sep 7, 2007, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
As discussed on this thread over in the WN forum, it would appear not. ATA allows earning of RR credits on ATA flights... but as far as I can tell from reading the T&Cs of both programs, one cannot earn ATA points for WN flights except when those flights are codeshared with ATA.

I haven't tried calling and asking, but since there is zero mention of earning ATA points, while there is plenty of mention of earning RR credits, I must assume that it is not possible. You should call and ask if you want to be sure, but IMHO it's safe to assume that it can't be done at this time.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Cepheid...I did do a search but this platform does not do a search with three letter words like ATA. Thanks for pointing me to the thread.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by 4ARedOctober
I did do a search but this platform does not do a search with three letter words like ATA.
True - in those cases you should use the Google search (linked from the Search tab in the link bar).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.