Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Why not make this the "Brazilian Airlines Forum"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2007, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Smiles Diamante, dirt elsewhere

there´s been so little going on with Varig right now that there is hardly a reason for its own forum anymore. Why not include TAM and Gol here as well? Just a thought.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 11:23 pm

Great Idea!!! ^
Old Jul 26, 2007, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Suggest it here, where it will actually be seen by the folks who make such decisions.

I'm disappointed, as my handle was on the front page for 4 weeks as the last poster in this forum! I was shocked to see that I got bumped off with this new thread. But I'm back now!!
Old Aug 1, 2007, 7:42 am

good idea- many of us ex-Brazil also consider the other options such as Gol and TAM when planning trips to and around Brazil.
Btw.: Any News on CGH? still operating? Runway been groved? News from NSTB investigation into black boxes of crashed JJ flight?
Seems the last I heard there were two therories:
1) Flight approached at too high velocity, and only took 3 seconds to traverse entire runway (11 sec being the norm) - and could not brake
2) Runway not groved yet and therefore prone to skidding (as evidenced by two flights having skidded off the runway during the week before - thankfully without any injuries ) - this being worse if approach is too fast as in 1)
Old Aug 1, 2007, 12:10 pm

actually just found this: http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/am...eut/index.html
looks pretty awful
Old Aug 2, 2007, 3:20 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by GreatDane
good idea- many of us ex-Brazil also consider the other options such as Gol and TAM when planning trips to and around Brazil.
I surely never considered and never will consider TAM as an option! (if there is any conection with an alternative airline)

Last edited by Moranguinho; Aug 2, 2007 at 3:28 pm
Old Aug 3, 2007, 4:03 am
MMM

Programs: TK E+ *A GOLD, TAM OW Sapphire
Cool VARIG news

QUOTE=Moranguinho;8164480]I surely never considered and never will consider TAM as an option! (if there is any conection with an alternative airline)[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you Moranguinho. Besides, there are news about VARIG:

1) Planes Arriving: 1 767-300 in August and another one in September. Routes to LHR, CDG, FCO, MAD and MEX will be reestablished in 2007. USA routes will resume on 1st semestre 2008.

2) GIG (Rio de Janeiro) will be the main VARIG's hub.

3) 10 737-800 will be added to the fleet. First to arrive in september 2007. Those planes will fly domestic and S.American routes.

4) Yesterday, the new Ministry of Defense (who is managing the current turmoil in the Brazilian air sector) annouced that GIG will be the strengthen as Brazilian international Hub (it is currently under use). THat goes in favor of VARIG as well.

So, I suggest , keep the VARIG forum.

Cheers

MMM
Old Aug 3, 2007, 6:00 am

I'm glad to hear GIG will be strengthened as a hub. However, loyalties aside, don't you think it's just more practical to have a Brazilian airlines forum?
Old Aug 3, 2007, 6:57 am

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by rrgg
I'm glad to hear GIG will be strengthened as a hub. However, loyalties aside, don't you think it's just more practical to have a Brazilian airlines forum?
Absolutely, a great idea.^
Unfortunately, there are the usual VARIG die-hards that can accept that.
Get real people. VARIG died of long-tem incompetency and , admittedly, a final push by the Government. Time to look forward and leave the old fashioned nationalistic pride behind.....the world and Brazil has changed.
Old Aug 3, 2007, 11:36 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus; LH M&M SEN; Hertz Presidents Circle; IHG Royal Ambassador
I do not know, if this has something to do with national pride (for me, surely no, because I am not from Brazil). But I think, that Varig has still a very large FFP with a lot of members, and with the plans of Varig (that this time seem to be realistic and suported with capital), it is possible that this part of the forum will awake again in the next month.

I do not belive, that it will realy make sense to make a brazilian aviation forum, why not simply start a TAM forum?

BTW:Has anybody information whether or not Varig will have a future in some important alliance? With the codeshare between TAM and TP/UA/LH, *A seems to be far away (if these airlines realy want their passengers to fly with TAM in codeshare), are there any news?
Old Aug 3, 2007, 2:27 pm
MMM

Programs: TK E+ *A GOLD, TAM OW Sapphire
even so...

Originally Posted by AAEXP
Absolutely, a great idea.^
Unfortunately, there are the usual VARIG die-hards that can accept that.
Get real people. VARIG died of long-tem incompetency and , admittedly, a final push by the Government. Time to look forward and leave the old fashioned nationalistic pride behind.....the world and Brazil has changed.

AAEXP, many things you said above are true. However, VARIG was a superior airline that was destroyed by its management/gov,./.etcetc. Anyway,.. we don't have a superior airline in Brazil anymore. So I miss them, and hope at least some of that spirit will be kept in the new VARIG.

MMM
Old Sep 4, 2007, 10:50 pm

Programs: FB Plat, SA *S, RG Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
Suggest it here, where it will actually be seen by the folks who make such decisions.
The folks took the decision . Anyway, I'm insisting with the folks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.