Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MX introduces security surcharge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2001, 12:37 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
MX introduces security surcharge

MX has followed LH's suit and is charging a US$6 security charge per segment. I understand this applies only for international travel, since I flew 8 MX and AM domestic segments from Monday - Thursday and no additional charges applied. Only today, Friday, as I checked-in for my flight MEX-LAX was I billed.

------------------
Gaucho100K
Old Oct 15, 2001, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
It seems like MX is only charging this from MEX, I got on an MX flight at Bradley Terminal in LAX and was not charged.
Old Oct 15, 2001, 5:11 pm

Any significant changes at MEX since 9/11? Additional time to check-in or go through security?
Old Oct 15, 2001, 11:05 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Last week at check-in I had a guy (was he supposed to be a policeman) rumbling and going through the luggage I was going to check at UA. After such a screening I had to ask whether their X-ray machine was off... Answer was: These are the new procedures !

The rest is basically the same.
Old Oct 16, 2001, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

I would disagree, since its really a matter of you playing the odds. You need to clear the new secutity screening - this goes on before you get to the actual check-in desk. Additional time needed really depends on general pax volume and on how the secutity staff is operating that day. I fly out of MEX very regularly, did 10 segments last week and every check-in procedure was different. If your flight is on a Friday, plan extra time, MEX is very crowded before weekends.

Also, there is another check of carry-on bags before you board, plus a manual metal detector check (but not on all flights), so this is also another consideration. Flights are mostly leaving behind schedule due to these procedures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.