Wiki Posts
Search

C Class 777 - GRU to JFK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2005, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC - SE, SPG - Platinum, HGP - Diamond
C Class 777 - GRU to JFK

I'm considering a reward trip from YYZ to EZE next spring. My only options for C class on my return is through GRU and JFK. What is C class like on the 777? Is F class significantly superior (and worth and extra 33% points?) Or, should I avoid Varig altogether and hold out and hope that Air Canada opens up additional business seats.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Nov 23, 2005, 3:32 am

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
First of all, welcome to FT and this forum wolvie007.

Your question, while extremely pertinent, has been discussed over and over again in this forum. May I therefore suggest that you try to use the SEARCH function in this forum to find earlier threads that will undoubtedly answer your question.

If, after reading past threads, you still have any doubts about what you should do, you may want to make your further queries directly in the most relevant thread. This way you contribute to limiting the number of duplicate threads, which agains is what some would call "good FT thread housekeeping".

Last edited by AAEXP; Nov 23, 2005 at 4:00 am
Old Nov 23, 2005, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AAEXP

Your question, while extremely pertinent, has been discussed over and over again in this forum. May I therefore suggest that you try to use the SEARCH function in this forum to find earlier threads that will undoubtedly answer your question.

If, after reading past threads, you still have any doubts about what you should do, you may want to make your further queries directly in the most relevant thread. This way you contribute to limiting the number of duplicate threads, which agains is what some would call "good FT thread housekeeping".

As I'm new, the Search function is a little cumbersome to use. Perhaps links to the appropriate threads would be helpful.

However, I have done one search with a number of hits, some useful. There was one constant in pretty much all of them, YOU telling people to use the search and stop posting. Perhaps, rather than telling me to use "good FT thread housekeeping", you yourself could be more helpful and stop posting crap telling people to "search" without helping them.

I've likely answered my own questions. If your level of helpfulness and friendliness is typical Brazilian, perhaps flying Varig is not such a good idea.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wolvie007
However, I have done one search with a number of hits, some useful. There was one constant in pretty much all of them, YOU telling people to use the search and stop posting. Perhaps, rather than telling me to use "good FT thread housekeeping", you yourself could be more helpful and stop posting crap telling people to "search" without helping them.

I've likely answered my own questions. If your level of helpfulness and friendliness is typical Brazilian, perhaps flying Varig is not such a good idea.
Youre right, a long time and respected FTer like AAEXP (and indeed all of us) would do well to learn from the friendliness and grace exhibited in the above post.

Perhaps you missed this part of his post.
Old Nov 24, 2005, 10:50 am
Suspended

As I'm new, the Search function is a little cumbersome to use. Perhaps links to the appropriate threads would be helpful.

You have a bad attitude. Go away.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 4:11 pm

You are not winning any popularity contests with the above.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blue2002
You are not winning any popularity contests with the above.
Who's looking to win popularity contests? It was a simple question that only required a simple answer or link to an answer. Someone felt it would be better for me to search for the answer (and this same someone has been saying this for a number of years based on what I could see from previous posts).

I might say that you responding to my posts in both this forum and the AC forum makes you unpopular with me. And besides, for 2 posts of yours, you still have not provided me with any useful info on my initial question
Old Nov 26, 2005, 10:36 pm

Who's looking to win popularity contests? It was a simple question that only required a simple answer or link to an answer. Someone felt it would be better for me to search for the answer (and this same someone has been saying this for a number of years based on what I could see from previous posts).

I might say that you responding to my posts in both this forum and the AC forum makes you unpopular with me. And besides, for 2 posts of yours, you still have not provided me with any useful info on my initial question
Keep digging
Old Nov 27, 2005, 5:12 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
wolvie007, I'd urge you to try to avoid RG at all costs.

RG 777 new birds are already 'old' and though they have high standards for their mechanics they consider the cabin as comestic... so can be dealt with later.

In C or F it's a bearable flight - but you're better off with UA. I've never flown AC to say anything.

Fly RG as your last option, enough said
Old Nov 27, 2005, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pb9997
Fly RG as your last option, enough said
PB.....is that you? Did some FT terror group take over your handle? LOL

I've flown AC on this run......but it was on the 763 which has now been changed to 343. I flew J so can't comment on Y! AC was fine, good food......and stiff Vodka based drinks ! 10 hours flew by......

I also flew RG on the 777(original RG 777 with AVOD in all classes)from AMS to GRU . The biz class was cramped(seat pitch ~50').....the economy section was packed from Paris.The food was so so, and the staff dis-interested. I luckily had a sleeping pill and woke 90 mins to landing in GRU. The cabin was a total mess by then........do your best to avoid RG!
Old Nov 27, 2005, 6:19 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
PB.....is that you? Did some FT terror group take over your handle? LOL
Q Shoe Guy, only friends miss friends... - Thanks for being so nice !

It's been real life that has kept me really busy and made me stay away of FT...

Changed jobs and currently making my way to top tier on Starwood (on nights instead of stays, I should be demoted here in FT, shame on me); Anyway making top tier with hotels is a piece of cake - one just needs to sleep and voil - elite status pops in!
Old Nov 28, 2005, 7:56 pm

Just did this flight

Hey there. I just did this Varig flight from GRU to JFK in First last week. The aircraft was an ex-United 777. Varig painted on the outside, and all United on the inside. Flat-beds in first, and UA business class seats in business. Same carpets, same seats, etc. The aircraft was a bit worn as well. My TV monitor was a bit wobbly, seats showing the wear. They only operate 3 video channels out of the 9 possible (it looks like they only had 3 machines overall for tapes). The service was OK and food OK but it is an overnight flight so lights were out pretty quickly. I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way for it. And the extra miles are worth it only if you prefer the fully flat seat. I did end up sleeping for a good 6 hours.

Hope that helps.
Old Dec 3, 2005, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pb9997
Q Shoe Guy, only friends miss friends... - Thanks for being so nice !

It's been real life that has kept me really busy and made me stay away of FT...

Changed jobs and currently making my way to top tier on Starwood (on nights instead of stays, I should be demoted here in FT, shame on me); Anyway making top tier with hotels is a piece of cake - one just needs to sleep and voil - elite status pops in!
PB glad you are safe and sound, those FT terror groups are a tough bunch of SOB's(this word does not implicate anyone on FT or this board......it is a joke).........hope that the new job makes you happy..........and top tier *wood is everything you want it to be!

For the OP:
Fly RG only if you have to(and for the sake of the topic)......

Last edited by Q Shoe Guy; Dec 4, 2005 at 12:32 pm Reason: for the sake of clarity so all might understand my joke...
Old Dec 4, 2005, 4:59 am

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Deleted (please see later post).

Last edited by AAEXP; Dec 4, 2005 at 4:23 pm
Old Dec 4, 2005, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We do not have any moderators in the Varig Forum, so I do not know who to report this post to, but calling other posters "SOB's" does not seem to be consistent with existing FT posting guidelines.

You may want to edit your post, to exclude this expression, in which case I shall be happy to delete my remarks in this post.
I wasn't calling any other poster a SOB ! I was talking about FT Terror groups which don't exist. It all has to do with ole' PB being taken hostage and not being able to sing the praise of RG........I believe he understood my post as it was a joke . Sorry if you didn't read it that way........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.