Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buzz at IAD About Independence Air

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2004, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Buzz at IAD About Independence Air

Well, I made it out to Dulles last night. Was booked on a US Airways flight to GSO via CLT. Turns out the first flight was delayed, so I was unable to go since I couldn't make the connection. Was a totally frustrating and wasted trip to IAD.

I've said this many times, but they need to tear Dulles down and start over. It's such an embarrassing scrapheap. Poorly designed and incredibly ugly.

Anyway, on my way out there on Washington Flyer, I heard several people expressing their excitement about Fly I. One woman liked the hourly flights to ATL. A man was excited about his $50 one way to Newark. Also heard other buzz and positive comments in the passenger pickup area outside (which was a madhouse) before my trip home.

The gate area is pretty cool, but the walk past the other A gates is depressing. It's so "bus station." Hopefully, they will take care of that. The B gates are not too bad (better than I remembered). Will B gates be used for the Airbus flights?

Looking forward to flying I when they begin GSO service...
Old Jul 3, 2004, 7:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat,Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott PP, National EE,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by vatraveler

The gate area is pretty cool, but the walk past the other A gates is depressing. It's so "bus station." Hopefully, they will take care of that. The B gates are not too bad (better than I remembered). Will B gates be used for the Airbus flights?

Looking forward to flying I when they begin GSO service...

From what I understand, as they transition out of UA service (I think 1/3 comes out tomorrow), they'll change the gates, 4 at a time.

I agree though that the new gate areas are much improved. I flew DH last week and everyone around me was very impressed with both the service levels and the prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.