Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATA Starts New Service From LGA-SFO

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2003, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC GLD, MR PLT, SPG PLT, National Exec.
ATA Starts New Service From LGA-SFO

Looks like ATA will start new non-stop wervice from LGA-SFO as of January 24, 2004
Old Oct 14, 2003, 10:54 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by aa767flyer:
Looks like ATA will start new non-stop wervice from LGA-SFO as of January 24, 2004</font>
Source?
I apologize for my skepticism, but given that they only recently announced EWR-SFO, and LGA is not an airport where they have a lot of slots (from my understanding)...
And I don't see any announcement on the web site.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 1:28 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
Apparently adds in both the San Francisco newspaper and The New York Times (I can only confirm the latter) said that in addition to EWR-SFO non-stop LGA-SFO service was on its way. I suspect that this is simply a typographical error - direct LGA-MDW-SFO service is going to begin - because, as I understand it LGA has a perimiter rule stating that no flights are allowed to be schedule non-stop to/from destinations more than 1500 miles away (except DEN). Unlike DCA, I do not believe there are any slots awarded to airlines that can circumvent this rule.
Old Oct 14, 2003, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

From ATA go to there web site and look up flights from LGA-SFO after Jan.24th. Flight 8/9 connects onto HNL flights!
Old Oct 14, 2003, 7:57 pm

Well there it is. I wonder how they are getting around the perimeter rule. And how they got an extra slot at LGA. I think this is a mistake of some sort.
Old Oct 15, 2003, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Really, I though of this rule too and had a hard time to belive it but again I checked the ATA web-site a sure enough on January 24th and on there is a non-stop flight from LGA to SFO!
Old Oct 15, 2003, 7:32 am
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
Unless I didn't check enough dates it looks like the perimeter rule only applies during the week. The ATA non-stop is only flown on weekends.
Old Oct 19, 2003, 1:42 pm

The LGA perimeter rule is only valid Sunday-Friday. This flight is most likely Saturday only. The perimeter rule does not apply on Saturdays at LGA.
Old Oct 21, 2003, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info on that one!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.