Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Azteca Airlines service to ONT

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2003, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Azteca Airlines service to ONT

FYI: Azteca Airlines has started service between Mexico City and Ontario, Calf. You can earn Continental miles for flights on Azteca. The main drawback is there is no first class on Azteca planes, so no opportunity to upgrade. But, if you want a direct flight to/from the Inland Empire, this is a perfect flight. And, since Azteca is one of two flights that fly into Ontario (the other is Aeromexica via Guadalajara) customs is a breeze).

The customer service level on the Mexico City end has a LOT to be desire (i.e. they don't allow women to fly in Exit row seating as we are not strong enough to open the door), but all in all it is a convenient and inexpensive flight. Cheaper (although not by much) than flying into LAX -- around $350 including all taxes.
Old Apr 22, 2003, 11:02 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
lesley, thanks for the heads up! I came across the Azteca ONT flights a short time ago and posted on the Continental board here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum20/HTML/007806.html

IMHO, I think this will open up good award travel opportunities for connections between Seattle/Portland/Vancouver/Alaska on Alaska Airlines via ONT to MEX and beyond in Mexico and Latin America.

[This message has been edited by Viajero Joven (edited 04-22-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.