Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Never use Mexicana Frequenta!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2002, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Never use Mexicana Frequenta!!

Just had the worst problem, my OS flight, OS3001 will not credit with Mexicana frequenta for the purpoes of the *A promotion. As a direct result, I only have 4 flights credited. They have had to reverse this from their systems.

They somehow have in their systems still that the OS flight is actually a "code share" on Malaysian Airlines. That may have been the case years ago (?), but Lauda do now fly on Lauda metal from KUL-SYD.

This is unfortunate. They have been helpful enough to reverse any credits. However, i'll now need to find another program to credit my mileage to. What i'm concerned about is whether the other airline programs also have this problem with OS3001 and OS3002.
Old Jul 8, 2002, 8:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Problem is that the Star Alliance brochure still shows it as a codeshare. I wouldn't give up on Frecuenta. I would ask for a name and a fax number to send copies from Lauda/Austrian Airlines Group website which clearly shows:

Flight Details
Flight Number OS 3001
Departure City and Airport Vienna International
Departure Date Sunday, 21 July 2002
Departure Time (Local Time) 10:45
Departure Terminal No information available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrival City and Airport Sydney Kingsford Smith
Arrival Date Monday, 22 July 2002
Arrival Time (Local Time) 15:15
Arrival Terminal I

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Flight Time 20:30

Aircraft Type Boeing 777
Carrier Austrian Airlines Group (OS)
Operated By Lauda Air (NG)
Number of Stops 1
Old Jul 8, 2002, 8:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I would also write to Star Alliance and get them to change their system if indeed it is showing as Malaysian codeshare (I doubt it, but anything is possible).

You might have a fight on your hands but 55,555 is worth it as are the miles from that trip credited to whatever ff program you wish.

Old Jul 9, 2002, 1:42 am
Original Poster

I haven't had my MX number put in and am claiming retrospectively. MX have been very garioucs, but I will try one more time. However, we could encounter many more problems with other carriers for this route of travel unfortunately.

MX have said they will cancel the points and not accrue so I can request a credit with AC instead who hopefully will. But have any people had problems accruing OS flights with AC??
Old Jul 9, 2002, 5:38 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
using frecuenta does have some advantages, especially when fly on awards....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.