Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mexican Mex-e-Savers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2002, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Mexican Mex-e-Savers

Considering the fact that lately there's been intrest in this forum abouut Mexicana maybe some of you guys have got some info as to why Mexicana droped Canadian destinations from their e-savers (YYZ and YUL)

Someone told me a theory once Air Canada bought out CP and had a monopoly on Canadian airspace they bullied Mexicana (They both belong to Star alliance and maybe have deals between them) to drop canadian destinations.

Anyone have any ideas or links to explain why this happened?
Old Jul 8, 2002, 12:44 am

Actually, AC does, or at least did have a virtual monopoly on YYZ-MEX since it code-shared with MX. In such circumstances why would anyone offer such deals?

A few years back when Mex-e-savers were new, a brother of mine wanted to fly MEX-YYZ and it wasn't available. So he wrote them an email asking them if they would make it available anytime soon, and they did. I can't be sure that it was due to his request, but they did respond to his email saying that they might.
I doubt that would work today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.