Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeromexico Fustrations

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2024, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Angry Aeromexico Fustrations

Hello all,I booked a return flight through Aeromexico Rewards by transferring a 1000:1600 pts ratio from Amex. Aeromexico Rewards for some reason asked for my mother's maiden name and I didn't think much about it at the time and it basically combined my last name with my mother's maiden name. Maybe that's a custom down there but not up here in the United States. I have to change my last name on my itinerary or else I won't be able to board my flight back from MEX to JFK.

I tried contacting the Aeromexico hotline and they told me I have to call a separate hotline for Aeromexico Rewards. I tried their US hotline and it went straight to no dial tone or a recorded message that it is not in service in Spanish. Overall it keeps disconnecting me no matter what. I tried emailing their support email and they responded with the ........ please call one of these hotlines, which I explained to them in the email the US hotline does not work. Because I don't speak Spanish I am unable to talk in the other hotlines as well.

I am thinking my only choice now is re-book through Delta for the same flight, take a loss on the points, and not have to deal with this issue or go to the airport where there's a Aeromexico booth and pray that the people at the desk can resolve it on their end.

Any advice?
Old Feb 28, 2024, 6:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
The AeroMexico Sky Priority counter at MEX is your best bet. They've solved a lot of problems for me both on AM and SkyTeam partners when others have refused. They may even allow boarding with the naming convention that you have but I have not encountered that issue.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 8:09 pm

I wouldn't worry about the name mismatch. Just get to the airport early and they can get it straightened out. It's a common occurrence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.