Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Foreign travelers can't check in online for domestic Azul flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2021, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

US citizen scheduled to fly CGH-SDU Wednesday on Azul. Haven't flown Azul since pre-pandemic. Online check-in is supposed to be 72 hours in advance but I'm unable to check-in. US phone support agent says this is because of COVID and foreign travelers are required to check-in at the airport. Is this correct or just agent hand-waving for something else going on in my reservation that may mean issues at the airport? My Portuguese isn't very good so I was hoping to keep the check-in process as smooth as possible.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 11:09 am
SCS

I'm encountering the same issue, though the call center didn't mention a foreign passport. They just said to try again later, or at the airport. Is this a known problem?
Old Feb 29, 2024, 4:55 am

Programs: Aeroflot BONUS, UA Mileage Plus, VG Flying Club
Originally Posted by SCS
I'm encountering the same issue, though the call center didn't mention a foreign passport. They just said to try again later, or at the airport. Is this a known problem?
The Azul airlines web check in doesn't work 100%. I can enter passenger data, but not receive a boarding pass.

Also, Azul doesn't retain FF account data, it disappears.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.