Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aerolinas Argentina workers announce one-day strike 28 Feb 2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2024, 6:08 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist

“The unions of pilots, senior staff and workers at airports and offices of Aerolíneas Argentinas announced a stoppage of activities for next Wednesday, February 28. It is in rejection of the 12% salary increase proposal that the Government made for the March salary.”

Strike is for 24 hours starting at 0 a.m.

https://www.zyri.net/2024/02/23/they-announced-a-strike-of-aeronautical-workers-for-february-28/amp/
Old Feb 26, 2024, 12:06 am

Programs: AA (US) gold, HH gold, Bonvoy gold
I have looked everywhere on line for secondary confirmation on this. They are still selling tickets for this Wednesday. Is it safe to buy one for Feb 28?
Old Feb 26, 2024, 11:02 am

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by steves
I have looked everywhere on line for secondary confirmation on this. They are still selling tickets for this Wednesday. Is it safe to buy one for Feb 28?
It's been confirmed in all the local press. I would not expect to be flying AR that day.

This article says all AR flights on the 28th are cancelled:

https://www.cronista.com/negocios/po...ros-afectados/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.