Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aerolineas Argentinas - What’s Next?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:47 am

Does anyone know what's going on with AR's pricing these days? I know inflation is a big issue in Argentina, but flights I'm looking at have seemed to double in the last few weeks.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:04 pm
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm
Does anyone know what's going on with AR's pricing these days? I know inflation is a big issue in Argentina, but flights I'm looking at have seemed to double in the last few weeks.
....are you looking on AR's website? From what country? Domestic or international flights?
Old Feb 27, 2024, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by TBD
....are you looking on AR's website? From what country? Domestic or international flights?
Looking at the Argentine version of AR’s website.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:59 am

Trying to understand the residency requirement (or not).

SCL-AEP-USH-AEP/EZE on AR. Put together itinerary via Google flights. Tried to then book directly with AR. First problem - one of the flights was not available. Recreated the itinerary on AR and a significant price hike (4X) for same flights found on Google flights.

However, and I avoid OTAs for flights, but booking.com does get me to the payment screen (via Google flights) without a price change. Am I going to have a problem at SCL at check-in, i.e. invalid fare?

TIA
Old Mar 21, 2024, 5:40 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by lamphs
Trying to understand the residency requirement (or not).
it apply only for domestic flights purchased as standalone , as far as i know ; so if your journey involve an international connection you wont be concerned

SCL-AEP-USH-AEP/EZE on AR. Put together itinerary via Google flights. Tried to then book directly with AR. First problem - one of the flights was not available. Recreated the itinerary on AR and a significant price hike (4X) for same flights found on Google flights.
As a general lesson ; google flight doesnt hold the universal truth , only the airline or TA or OTA before you click the purchase button will present you the real final price

maybe you should cut your trip in two parts ; cause such jaw combination can be tricky to price

so you can try SCL -> BUE-> USH then USH -> BUE , you would have both under separate bookings and price should be ok

However, and I avoid OTAs for flights, but booking.com does get me to the payment screen (via Google flights) without a price change. Am I going to have a problem at SCL at check-in, i.e. invalid fare?
thats an issue between airline and OTA , if they priced it this way and then pay the airline which then accept the booking then you are good to go , but there is a risk airline might not honour the booking , usually this is easy to catch after payment , then you should be refunded by the TA and then rebook on your own
Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:14 am

I looked into this question extensively and per many posts on TripAdvisor there is no residency requirement to book AR flights on the Argentine site in pesos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.