Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AeroMexico is SOOO Bad - Any Tips or Tricks?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2023, 8:08 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Quite honestly, I think they've improved quite a bit, especially this year. The web and app functionality isn't a problem for me and the DL Skymiles # is easy to input and has credited normally.

I was even thrilled to notice the other day that starting in mid-November, SFO-MEX will finally be rid of the old 738s with the 2x/daily service being upgraded to a 7M9 and 7M8.
On the Max note, I saw this yesterday, which shows the US routes starting this month:

https://simpleflying.com/aeromexico-...box=1698794411
Old Nov 6, 2023, 3:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
I'm flying 2x MEX-CUN and 1x MEX-CUU in February, so 6 flights total. I guess I can expect all of them to be the "premier light" product? I thought initially that these were all going to be retrofitted, but I guess they are here to stay and being adopted across central and southern America now (Have a LATAM flight in a similar config later in the year).

That's certainly one European feature that I wish we hadn't exported

What is the beverage selection on board like?
Old Nov 6, 2023, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
I'm flying 2x MEX-CUN and 1x MEX-CUU in February, so 6 flights total. I guess I can expect all of them to be the "premier light" product? I thought initially that these were all going to be retrofitted, but I guess they are here to stay and being adopted across central and southern America now (Have a LATAM flight in a similar config later in the year).

That's certainly one European feature that I wish we hadn't exported

What is the beverage selection on board like?
Yes, but the LATAM version actually provides a near business soft product (at least on the int'l Premium Y segments).
Old Dec 13, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
First time in two years of flying the airline I experienced an Aeromexico meltdown last weekend. The Mexico City airport shut down for three hours last Friday because of fog. The telephone reps were mostly worthless and ate up a LOT of time. Spent hours of on the phone waiting on reps to make changes that they ultimately came back and said they couldn't make. One rep even wanted to charge me for a change because the flight delay was due to "climate change." Finally spoke with a female rep who I coached through what I needed without being placed on hold. I ultimately struck out my final destination and switched to a simple roundtrip between TIJ and MEX. Had two trips scheduled back to back. At the airports in TIJ and MEX I found the counter reps much more capable. Particularly at the Sky Priority check in desk in MEX, the agents know how to get things done. The agents in the Salon Premier lounges and in the airport concourses at MEX can NOT get things done. If you are rebooked at the airport be sure that the AM app also reflects your updated itinerary.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
My biggest tip is to find a way, any way, to fly another airline.
AfterHour likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 11:25 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
Unless that airline is Viva Aerobus or Volaris.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 4:32 pm

So basically all the airlines in Mexico, right?

..... we got to travel somehow.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by BNAChairman
Unless that airline is Viva Aerobus or Volaris.
Volaris and Viva Aerbobus are actually more customer friendly in many ways than Aeromexico. AM is the airline for people flying on OPM or going to destinations only they serve. Almost everyone else in Mexico uses VB or Y4.
angra and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 3:13 pm

Had an invol schedule change and wanted to change my flight.

wow.....

Live chat returns an error
Facebook messenger directs to a non-existing profile
UK number says it's too late and hangs up in your face.

Looking very professional
Old Dec 20, 2023, 3:57 pm

Okay. I got on the US website's live chat, and that worked.

Got through to an agent immediately. They were super helpful, and did my change immediately. (OTA had fobbed me off, naturally). Pleasantly surprised after all!
Old Dec 25, 2023, 7:13 pm

Can anyone point to official Mexican gov't rules similar to EU261, and/or recommend how best to request some kind of customer service / compensation from Aeromexico?

Volaris and Viva actually have well-documented delay policies, but all I can find on Aeromexico.com is something about tarmac delays. And a search for Mexico regulations leads me to a bunch of ripoff sites who offer to shepherd EU261, which doesn't apply.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by elitelite
Can anyone point to official Mexican gov't rules similar to EU261, and/or recommend how best to request some kind of customer service / compensation from Aeromexico?

Volaris and Viva actually have well-documented delay policies, but all I can find on Aeromexico.com is something about tarmac delays. And a search for Mexico regulations leads me to a bunch of ripoff sites who offer to shepherd EU261, which doesn't apply.
You can read what AM promises here: https://aeromexico.com/en-us/legal-information
Old Dec 26, 2023, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by elitelite

Well, I had to file as a claimant in bankruptcy court to get them to refund a flight they cancelled on me. So, good luck.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 8:57 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Smiles/GOL Diamond, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum
Still awaiting a flight cancellation reimbursement for 3 years now, with little to no hopes.
Will never fly them again.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Yolow
Still awaiting a flight cancellation reimbursement for 3 years now, with little to no hopes.
Will never fly them again.
Did you file a bankruptcy claim for the amount you are owed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.