Search

How do I file Delayed Luggage with GOL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2023, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy How do I file Delayed Luggage with GOL

I flew LAX - DFW - GRU - MVD

The LAX - GRU legs were on AA and the GRU - MVD on GOL

AA failed to load my luggage at DFW, where it sat for 7 of 10 vacation days. I had to spend $600 in clothing for myself and my 2 kids. I filed a delayed baggage claim with AA and they said:

"For the benefit of our customers, all airlines have agreed that the customer’s final carrier will process baggage claims regardless of where the bag is checked or where the mishandling occurred."

Great! Except I can't find anything online anywhere to file a claim with GOL.

I booked on Biz Plat and that only has lost luggage comp, not delayed. Any information is much appreciated!

EDIT:

I found the answer and it is most infuriating. You need to get an email address from the airport representative to send receipts, and the coverage is per incident, not person or luggage, so I am getting back $150 of the $600 I spent.

Last edited by rdbdds; Feb 20, 2023 at 10:12 am
Old Feb 18, 2023, 9:53 pm

Usually you have to report mishandled baggage before leaving the airport so GOL baggage service in MVD would be the best place to start. Did you leave the airport without reporting that your bag hadn't shown up?
Old Feb 18, 2023, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Sorry to sound crass, but why would anyone leave the airport without their bags and without a claim?

I filed a claim with gol for missing luggage, they gave me a reference number and everything and were in communication with me via WhatsApp to let me know, every few days, that they had no idea where my bags were.

What I need now is a way to file for compensation. I read their contract of carriage6.10 Emergency expenses. In case of luggage loss, GOL will reimburse the passenger who is out of his or her home and makes purchases of basic needs products, such as clothes, shoes and personal hygiene products. The initial compensation, limited to the maximum amount of R$ 100.00 (one hundred reais) in Brazil and USD 50.00 (fifty dollars) abroad, may be requested by the passenger when 24 hours have elapsed since the opening of the Property of Irregularity Report, upon the presentation of invoices and provided that the luggage continues in a loss situation. After 24 hours from the request of the first indemnity, and to each subsequent overnight stay, it will be due an indemnity in the maximum amount of R$ 25.00 (twenty-five reais) in Brazil and USD 25.00 (twenty-five dollars) abroad, limited to the maximum total amount, already including the first indemnity, of R$ 225.00 (two hundred and twenty-five reais) in Brazil, and USD 175.00 (one hundred and seventy-five dollars) abroad, and provided that the luggage continues in a loss situation.6.10.1 The request for reimbursement of emergency expenses may be made within 30 (thirty) consecutive days from the opening of the Property Irregularity Record, for the cases in which the luggage have been found. For the cases of permanent loss, the passenger must make the request of reimbursement of the emergency expenses within a maximum of 08 (eight) consecutive days from the opening of the Property Irregularity Record.

But it doesn't state HOW to file the claim. I reached out to the people via WhatsApp but haven't heard back from them. Customer Service for GOL is closed on Sundays. I find it odd that there is zero info anywhere on how to file for compensation

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.