Community
Wiki Posts
Search

aeromexico baggage for Delta Silver

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2023, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

aeromexico baggage for Delta Silver

Anyone has a clear answer for the check in baggage allowance from PVR to MEX on Aeromexico? I'm Delta Silver (Skyteam Elite), trying to book basic fare... does Aeromexico give any benefits to Skyteam Elite?
Old Jan 19, 2023, 6:34 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite
I am interested in this too. Did you find out?
Old Feb 6, 2023, 7:36 am

Finally got an answer from AM customer service. On Basic fare you get no Skyteam benefits at all. No free baggage, no priorities and no lounge access
chenbotang likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 8:12 am

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by srieppo
Finally got an answer from AM customer service. On Basic fare you get no Skyteam benefits at all. No free baggage, no priorities and no lounge access
Your experience may be different in reality. SkyPriority will be printed on your BP and benefits should apply. Not sure about bags and regular Elite doesnt get lounge anyway but seat assignment and priority boarding and security should be offered. Keep in mind phone agents for any airline are the least reliable source of information for real experience.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 12:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by asnovici
Your experience may be different in reality. SkyPriority will be printed on your BP and benefits should apply. Not sure about bags and regular Elite doesnt get lounge anyway but seat assignment and priority boarding and security should be offered. Keep in mind phone agents for any airline are the least reliable source of information for real experience.
Aeromexaer's silver ( Skyprioriry Elite) do not get preferred seat at Delta either, why do you think AM should give Delta's Silver any seat assignments?
It is true, AM's "Basic" fare exludes any SkyPriority benefits even if you are AM's top tier or Skyteam Elite Plus. Unless you can speak from your personal experience with Basic fare using Sky priority benefits, I would go with what AM phone agent said.
There is another thread on this firum where a poster (FlyingBlue's elite plus) complained about AM's Basic fare not allowing SkyPriority benefits.

Last edited by Mama; Feb 7, 2023 at 2:23 am
Old Feb 6, 2023, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by asnovici
It might, but I rather now beforehand and asking their chat seemed the best way as I didn't find a definite answer anywhere.

This AM fare system is just awful.

Basic would be 133€, but I get no elite benefits. So I need at least classic. But that costs 40€ more. Come on! And with that non-elite doesn't even get checked in baggage. So with that at least I would get a free bag, but my companion would still have to pay 35€ for their bag. But then by paying just 20€ more each, almost same as one bag, we would get AM plus, which gives free bags, AM plus seats and all priorities even without status. So taking just classic and enjoying status makes no sense and saving on Basic you get no benefits. Sure it would be the cheapest option, but we have a layover in MEX and it sure would be nice to spend that time in the lounge there too.

Another issue is that their site does not recognize ITA airways. It is impossible to add the number to the reservations. So can't see benefits or use them, like try to reserve seats

Last edited by srieppo; Feb 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm Reason: Added comment about ITA
Old Feb 9, 2023, 3:15 pm

And what I just realized is that Skyteam does not give lounge access on domestic flights based on status. What a bummer. So if I buy AM Plus then status is useless as I don't need more bags and classic does not save anything compared to that.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 1:21 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
And what I just realized is that Skyteam does not give lounge access on domestic flights based on status. What a bummer. So if I buy AM Plus then status is useless as I don't need more bags and classic does not save anything compared to that.
Only things you will get are miles and XPs (2xp in economy per segment) .

If those are not mandatory requirements for you , for any domestic flights you should first check competitors like viva or volaris and compare if final prices (with luggages) are better , period

AM is a low cost carrier advertising themselves as legacy , so treat them as any LCC like spirit or southwest

If you want lounge , buy one time pass (not sure if AM still do it) , or pay for access through a 3rd party

Another issue is that their site does not recognize ITA airways. It is impossible to add the number to the reservations. So can't see benefits or use them, like try to reserve seats.
Besides the beautiful PR BS skyteam gave us about it , almost all skyteam airlines do not recognize ITA volare , and even when airline do recognize it , you dont get full benefits and/or miles , so its essentially useless

I cant wait to see if Virgin integration into skyteam will be smoothless , if thats the case then we know where problem is about ITA

Originally Posted by cubachao
from PVR to MEX on Aeromexico
i would recommend you from now on to check NLU instead of MEX (or both) for domestic flights to/from mexico city
jjbiv likes this.

Last edited by fifty_two; Feb 11, 2023 at 1:45 pm
Old Feb 11, 2023, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fifty_two
Only things you will get are miles and XPs (2xp in economy per segment) .
If by "xp" you mean bonus miles/points, than you are correct.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fifty_two
AM is a low cost carrier advertising themselves as legacy , so treat them as any LCC like spirit or southwest
I would agree with you in some routes, but Mexican LCC such as Viva or Volaris do not have longhaul routes (flights to Europe, Asia). Viva or Volaris don't have any wide body aircrafts. Viva or Volaris don't have business class. And in general, their planes are all second-hand purchases from other airlines, in very used and soiled condition, but somehow the mechanic parts are still serviceable. Many of their planes still have other airlines' old and soiled interiors: seats, fabrics, carpets. Aeromexico's flights are operated in the traditional legacy airlines hub concept with the hub in Mexico city. But Viva or Volaris are point to point operation, much like Southwest.
RFNJ likes this.

Last edited by Mama; Feb 11, 2023 at 2:44 pm
Old Feb 11, 2023, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Mama
And in general, their planes are all second-hand purchases from other airlines, in very used and soiled condition, but somehow the mechanic parts are still serviceable. Many of their planes still have other airlines' old and soiled interiors: seats, fabrics, carpets
This is simply not factual. Viva Aerobus and Volaris purchase mostly new aircraft from Airbus. Viva Aerobus did purchase some used A321 aircraft following CoVID to take advantage of low lease rates but they mostly purchase new aircraft and have some of the lowest average fleet ages in North America. Viva Aerobus and Volaris have an average fleet age just over 5 years. Volaris A319 aircraft do tend to be older and are an exception to this general rule. Aeromexico's 737 fleet is 6.9 years old on average for context.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 10:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jjbiv
This is simply not factual. Viva Aerobus and Volaris purchase mostly new aircraft from Airbus. Viva Aerobus did purchase some used A321 aircraft following CoVID to take advantage of low lease rates but they mostly purchase new aircraft and have some of the lowest average fleet ages in North America. Viva Aerobus and Volaris have an average fleet age just over 5 years. Volaris A319 aircraft do tend to be older and are an exception to this general rule. Aeromexico's 737 fleet is 6.9 years old on average for context.
I did take a few Volaris flights between Mexico and U.S. before Covid, their planes were beyond disgusting. But assuming your statement is correct,
Mexican LCC such as Viva or Volaris do not have longhaul routes (flights to Europe, Asia). Viva or Volaris don't have any wide body aircrafts. Viva or Volaris don't have business class. Aeromexico's flights are operated in the traditional legacy airlines hub concept with the hub in Mexico city. But Viva or Volaris are point to point operation, much like Southwest.
I may add, unlike Southwest where there is in-flight entertainment via wifi onboard, there is none at Viva or Volaris (now correct me if I am wrong).
Aeromexico has inflight entertainment on seatback screen. In my opinion, AM is a full aervice legacy airline, but is also trying to compete with LCC by offering BASIC fares, which you need to pay extra for anything.

Last edited by Mama; Feb 16, 2023 at 11:01 am
Old Feb 13, 2023, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

anyone have trouble adding the frequent flyer number to AM reservation? app and website always glitching or loading when I try to add/adjust flight info. its very frustrating.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 3:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cubachao
anyone have trouble adding the frequent flyer number to AM reservation? app and website always glitching or loading when I try to add/adjust flight info. its very frustrating.
You can log in to your Club Premier account, go to "my trip", then add your reservation confirmation number to your account.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 12:37 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
I would agree with you in some routes, but Mexican LCC such as Viva or Volaris do not have longhaul routes (flights to Europe, Asia). Viva or Volaris don't have any wide body aircrafts. Viva or Volaris don't have business class. .
i mean of course other competitors on the domestic market dont do long haul and of course they have different business model but its not the topic

The point you missed , is the fact that , at least , with them you know what to expect cause they dont pretend to be a legacy

If by "xp" you mean bonus miles/points, than you are correct.
Oh sorry , yeah i used AF/KL FB slang , in his case its ITA so its points and miles yeah you are right
jjbiv likes this.

Last edited by fifty_two; Feb 15, 2023 at 12:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.