Wiki Posts
Search

LAX to Mexico City

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2023, 1:41 am
Original Poster

LAX to Mexico City

Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying a one-way ticket from lax to mexico city and then one way ticket from puerto vallarta to LAX.
My ideal departing date would be either 3/31, 4/1 or 4/2 and coming back around the weekend so total trip days of 5-7days.
The one way ticket from lax to mexico city seems high as it's over 300 dollars, would you recommend using points for aero mexico? or what would you recommend here? Thank you!
Old Jan 4, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: Lots
How difficult is it for you to get down to San Diego? Using CBX and flying in and out of TIJ may be cheaper. Not sure if the train is running again but when I lived in SAN I took it up to LAX often for cheaper fares.
jjbiv likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 12:10 pm

There's a VivaAerobus flight on 4/1 for $149. It's handbag only with no seat selection at this price, but it sounds like a better choice if you are on a budget. It leaves around 1 AM and you land at MEX around 6 AM, giving you the whole day to explore CDMX.

Fares from Tijuana are even cheaper, but you do have to factor in the time spent to get to Tijuana. Depending on where you are in Los Angeles, you could take a bus to Tijuana.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jgao0913
Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying a one-way ticket from lax to mexico city and then one way ticket from puerto vallarta to LAX.
My ideal departing date would be either 3/31, 4/1 or 4/2 and coming back around the weekend so total trip days of 5-7days.
The one way ticket from lax to mexico city seems high as it's over 300 dollars, would you recommend using points for aero mexico? or what would you recommend here? Thank you!
Are you sure that you want to buy two one-way tickets? Have you priced an open-jaw ticket (LAX-MEX//PVR-LAX)? Such tickets can be priced using the multi-city booking airlines on airline and travel-agent sites.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, that's a good idea! I will look more on different airline sites for open jaw. I looked at multi-city on google flights and it was just as expensive so will need to do some more searching or waiting.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!!! The bus from LA to Tijuana sounds like an option especially I'm also thinking about going to Tijuana for a weekend sometime!
Old Jan 4, 2023, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by jgao0913
Thank you!!! The bus from LA to Tijuana sounds like an option especially I'm also thinking about going to Tijuana for a weekend sometime!
Buses are a fine way to get to Tijuana. Besides Greyhound, most other buses going to Tijuana are run by smaller companies and are mostly located in the Hispanic-majority section of the LA metro.

Going to Tijuana is easier on the bus than coming back, as it will be some wait to get a bus at San Ysidro depending on how busy the crossing is on the day you go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.