Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aerolineas Argentinas Baggage Allowance - AEP to PDP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2022, 2:58 am
Original Poster

We're booked to fly next week from AEP to Punta del Este Uruguay on Aerolineas in H class. The baggage webpage lists various ticket types but not fare codes. Does anyone know how H class translates to Base, Plus and Flex?

We thought all international economy tickets allowed one checked bag, but now we're not sure. There's no way on the website to buy additional bags or see our specific baggage allowance when I enter our record number.

Should I be concerned?
Old Dec 25, 2022, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mvogel
We're booked to fly next week from AEP to Punta del Este Uruguay on Aerolineas in H class. The baggage webpage lists various ticket types but not fare codes. Does anyone know how H class translates to Base, Plus and Flex?

We thought all international economy tickets allowed one checked bag, but now we're not sure. There's no way on the website to buy additional bags or see our specific baggage allowance when I enter our record number.

Should I be concerned?
If Aerolineas is like most other airlines, a specific fare code - such as H - doesn't refer specifically to Base, Plus or Flex.

How did you buy your ticket? Unless you booked it yourself on the AR website and know that you booked "Plus" or "Flex", you should assume that you will need to pay for a checked bag. Many OTAs will book the cheapest a hand-baggage-only fare with minimal disclosure of baggage rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.