Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Transfer from United to Azul International at GRU?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2022, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Hi - next week we're arriving on United at GRU from Houston and connecting to an Azul flight to Punta del Este Uruguay with a 2 1/2 hour layover. Both flights are on the same reservation - Azul is a United partner.

I believe the UA flight will arrive at Terminal 3 but the Azul flight leaves from Terminal 1. Even though it's an international to international connection, do we have to enter Brazil to transfer between terminals or is there an airside transfer point between Terminal 3 and 1?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: TP Gold; IB Oro; G3 Diamond; AD Diamond; LA Plat.; HH Diamond; IHG Diam Amb; Marriott Plat.
If this flight were operating from T1, you would have to enter Brazil, as there is no airside link between 1 and 3 in GRU.

However, it looks like it's operating from T2. See https://airportinfo.live/flight/ad8780

If really so, you'll have an airside connection.

This makes sense, as I believe T1 does not even have facilities for international flights.

I believe that Punta del Este is the only international flight operated by Azul at GRU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.