Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Transfer Headache Aeromexico Club Premier Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2022, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

So I have a somewhat thorny situation. I've got 223k MR points in my mom's Amex account and I'd like to take advantage of the current transfer bonus to book an Aeromexico RTW ticket in business class for 350k miles. With the current bonus, this will come out to ~180k MR points. The problem, of course, is that the Club Premier account is in my name and I need some advice on navigating this. The way I see it, there are two options:

(1) Open a Club Premier account in my mom's name, transfer the MR points, and use that to book the RTW ticket in my name. But is that allowed?
(2) Open a Club Premier account in my mom's name, transfer the MR points, and then transfer the miles from her account to mine. I'm not sure if this is allowed either.

I'd love to be able to resolve this by just calling Aeromexico Club Premier, but it seems they keep disconnecting the phone line...

Appreciate any advice. Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 4:22 am

Open an AMEX AU card on your name and transfer MR to your Club Premier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.