Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aeromexico - new seating 737 - clase premier light + discounts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Hi everyone,

Currently booking honeymoon plans which include a few nights in MEX in Apr23 then 10 nights in CUN. Last thing I need to book is our internal flights MEX-CUN RTN and as we tend to travel business, Aeromexico appears to be the only option.

It looks like that by next year they're swapping the planes to a new European-style business class which is entirely 3-3 layout but with the middle seat blocked out in business. I'm used to this with BA Club Europe but has anyone tried it out yet? It's being marketed as Clase Premier light.

Also noticed there's a discount code line on the booking page I wanted to know if anyone has a code they've successfully used on AM domestic business?

TIA
jbee36
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
I just flew Premier Light between MEX and CUN a few weeks ago. Expect the standard Premier drink service, Euro style business class seats (economy with center blocked) and a very paltry snack box consisting of chips and nut mix.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:56 pm

Is adding a middle seat really less weight than having two first class seats?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Milesaway76
Is adding a middle seat really less weight than having two first class seats?
Perhaps, but it costs much less for the airline to install and maintain economy seats than bussiness class seats. And the European style business class seat provides the airlines with the flexibility to sell more or less business class seats depending on demands.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Mama
Perhaps, but it costs much less for the airline to install and maintain economy seats than bussiness class seats. And the European style business class seat provides the airlines with the flexibility to sell more or less business class seats depending on demands.
Might as well fly on one of the ULCC if theyre going Euro business seating.
jjbiv likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Milesaway76
Might as well fly on one of the ULCC if theyre going Euro business seating.
Not defending AM in the slightest here - just ask if the ULCC gives you lounge access, or an extra luggage allowance, or even an advance seat assignment ... let alone earnings on DL or whatever your partner program might be.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:24 am

Programs: AS 100K
one thing to note about these Euro style business seats is that I do not think AM is actively modifying their fleet to offer this product. I think they bought some 737MAX white tails that were destined to LCCs. Since travel demand to Mexico has been high due to lack of covid restrictions, AM needed the planes ASAP, so they did not bother upgrading the interior. I just hope this Euro Business product doesn't give AM upper management any ideas and make it a long term thing.

to the OP, are all MEX-CUN flights offering this? I would think some flights might have a proper business cabin.
RFNJ likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA
Aircraft change with no notice and downgraded seat

We booked flights from Mexico City to Cancun about 10 months ago in business class and I’ve just looked on the app to re-check our seating and noticed that we’ve been moved to row two both aisle seats and the aircraft has changed from the old style 2+2 business class seating to 3+3 with a blocked central , Central seat similar to British Airways European business class.

Had I know this I wouldn’t have paid the extra at the time as I’m not interested in the other benefits such as lounge access .

I was given no notice of the aircraft change and I’m I also noticed that even though we paid for business class flight now is described as premium light.

I don’t think I’ll be using aeromexico again
Old May 20, 2023, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there a way to tell which planes are old style 2+2 and which are 3+3 with blocked middle? Im on a 737-800 for the record so hoping that one is 2+2 uniformly. Did AM ever offer meals on these 2.5 hours flights?
Old May 23, 2023, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is there a way to tell which planes are old style 2+2 and which are 3+3 with blocked middle? Im on a 737-800 for the record so hoping that one is 2+2 uniformly. Did AM ever offer meals on these 2.5 hours flights?
It should show up in the seat map. I have my first ever Aeromexico flight next week and the equipment has changed quite a few times since booking so tough to really know what you’ll actually get.

It looks like the Max9 and the -700 are the only 737 variants with a guaranteed 2+2 business class.
RFNJ likes this.
Old May 24, 2023, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by RV7A Driver
We booked flights from Mexico City to Cancun about 10 months ago in business class and I’ve just looked on the app to re-check our seating and noticed that we’ve been moved to row two both aisle seats and the aircraft has changed from the old style 2+2 business class seating to 3+3 with a blocked central , Central seat similar to British Airways European business class.

Had I know this I wouldn’t have paid the extra at the time as I’m not interested in the other benefits such as lounge access .

I was given no notice of the aircraft change and I’m I also noticed that even though we paid for business class flight now is described as premium light.

I don’t think I’ll be using aeromexico again
I would recommend not to book any flights with Aeromexico many months in advance as schedule changes and equipment changes are almost guaranteed. When there is a schedule or equipment change do not expect any help from Aeromexico customer support to have you rebooked or any refunds.
Mama likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.