Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AM: Booking more flexibility

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:15 am
Original Poster

AM: Booking more flexibility

Looking to book a domestic AeroMexico trip that I don't have firm dates for, and may even need to cancel. I'm looking at booking Classic Fare with "More Flexibility" but looking at the Covid waiver, it seems like it may have all of the same features?

Curious if someone can explain how the Classic and Classic/Flexible fares work.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:05 am

If you are flying from the US you might have better luck on Delta.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
These rules for domestic flights.

"More flexibility" = you can change flight dates for no change fee (but fare difference will apply). You can cancel the ticket and put the money on a travel voucher for future use on AM. You won't get a cash refund.

If you don't buy More Flexibility, you can do a first change for free and following changes cost about $350 MXN plus fare difference. Hence I don't think More flexibility is worth it.

For domestic flights, I generally prefer to buy tickets until very close to the date when my plans are more certain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.