Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AM: Upgrade After Purchase from OTA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

AM: Upgrade After Purchase from OTA

I want to use the $300 travel credit for my Venture X card to purchase TIJ-MEX in premier. Unfortunately, it appears that Cap One only sells economy on this route (even though AM markets and sells premier).

Will it be a challenge for me to upgrade the ticket after purchase with AM directly? Any other suggestions of how to accomplish this?

TIA.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
I don't think AM will be able to upgrade your ticket directly. However, you should be able to place a bid on the Subasta Premier, which in my experience is likely to work.

Check that your chosen flight has a proper Premier cabin and not Premier Light or an economy cabin. Premier Light is a Europe-style all-economy plane with middle seats blocked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.