Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AM Clase Premier - FasTrack Immigration?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2022, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G, Accor/Sofitel Gold, InterContinental Platinum
AM Clase Premier - FasTrack Immigration?

I searched and could not find a response. Does AM provide any type of fast track at arrivals immigration for clase premier passengers at MEX? I am thinking no, but wanted to check with those more experienced with AM. Making my first ever AM flight next week (DEN-MEX). Thanks.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
This may be the funniest post of the day - perhaps the week. At best, you'll find that the escalators are still on because the migraciones hall isn't backed up so far that people would just collapse on the down escalators to the hall because things are so backed up past the top of the escalators.

And I think that answers your question!
Mama, RFNJ and Milesaway76 like this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:37 am

Programs: AeroMexico Club Premiere
Less funny answer is no. No fast-tracked immigration process for Premiere flyers. I have seen some people with tight connections and delayed arrivals get expedited, but that would be it.
The process of getting through MEX has become onerous over the past 6 months or so. Immigration is about the same, though they moved the orientation of the lines/kiosks. Can take anywhere from 5minutes to 45 minutes/an hour.
Moer annoying, Customs are now forcing everyone through the machines (before there was random check with no machines and "something to declare" with machines). It's a large, slow line.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RFNJ
Less funny answer is no. No fast-tracked immigration process for Premiere flyers. I have seen some people with tight connections and delayed arrivals get expedited, but that would be it.
The process of getting through MEX has become onerous over the past 6 months or so. Immigration is about the same, though they moved the orientation of the lines/kiosks. Can take anywhere from 5minutes to 45 minutes/an hour.
Moer annoying, Customs are now forcing everyone through the machines (before there was random check with no machines and "something to declare" with machines). It's a large, slow line.
As of a few days ago, no forced machines if you are in transit w/hand luggage only.

I don't know if this helped or hurt, but the immigration machines that they'd let you use from time to time are all gone.
fifty_two and RFNJ like this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 2:35 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
As of a few days ago, no forced machines if you are in transit w/hand luggage only.

I don't know if this helped or hurt, but the immigration machines that they'd let you use from time to time are all gone.
the viajero confiable immigration machines?
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
the viajero confiable immigration machines?
No. The ones that anyone could use (that used to be in the middle, between the Mexicanos and Extranjeros sides).

Meanwhile, at 630am today, there was no wait. However, there was a long customs line, only 2 bag scanners, and nothing to declare closed.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 3:59 pm

To kind of piggy back off this thread, is there a Mexican version of Global entry? I've been lucky or maybe it's how the airlines sched their flights but there hasn't been huge waits. I do kind of expect this to maybe change as summer gets closer and the world opens more.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
There is. It's called Viajero Confiable. However, new sign ups are currently suspended "due to Covid"...

If I ever find they reopened the sign ups I'll post it on this forum!
Milesaway76 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by asar
There is. It's called Viajero Confiable. However, new sign ups are currently suspended "due to Covid"...

If I ever find they reopened the sign ups I'll post it on this forum!
Yes! Please do! Although I'm done with what I need to do in México till next year I still plan on going down at least every other month.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 5:18 am

Programs: AeroMexico Club Premiere
I used to have viajero confiable - at least transiting through MEX, it's functionality even before Covid was dubious. The system is nowhere as simple as Global Entry, and the machines were "down for maintenance" most of the times I tried them. I think only a handful of times were they working and got me through faster than if I had just stood in line. And the print out FMM got dubious looks from everyone when I used it to leave - mainly because they are so infrequently seen I am guessing.

I ended up going back to filling out the form on the plane ride, then only if immigration was packed would I even bother to check to see if the machines were up and running. I don't even know if my credentials are still good at this point, but honestly I haven't even tried to use it in a couple years.

So I just checked, and at least you can fill out the form. I might try and reapply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.