Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Sliver Airways - How strict on carryon size limits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

I just booked a flight on Sliver Airways.

It is the only reasonable way to get where I need to be. I notice they allow a 'Personal Item" and a "Carry On" but with size limits. My questions is how strictly do they enforce these limits. My typical "Personal Item" is a little bigger than their limit when including handles and straps. If necessary I have a small carry on that I can put my " Personal Item" in and still have what I need.

I'm also interested in anyone's experience with them.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 10:33 am
Original Poster

OK I've taken my flight from New Orleans To Jacksonville on March 31. It was the only non stop available that met my needs, so I though I'd report my experience.

The fare was reasonable and getting an assigned seat was only $4, After we boarded they asked some people to move for weight and balance so I moved further back because there were a good number of empty seats with the adjacent seat open.
First the flight was 2 hours late. That wasn't really a problem for me, I was spending the night in Jacksonville for a meeting the next morning.
To answer my own question they do not seem to be size Nazi's, pretty much any reasonable bag was allowed. They even checked bags as people boarded. Boarding at both ends was from the ground at the stair built into the rear door.
The plane was an ATR 600. It is surprisingly comfortable with decent leg room and the noise level is pretty good The only drawback is they are slower than the jets.
The flight crew was pleasant and professional although the only cabin service was a small bottle of water. Interesting that the safety announcements were recorded not deliver live by the Flight Attendants.
I did notice there seemed to be a number of small issues. My tray table was stuck and the seat would not recline. I suppose I could have moved but I didn't need to recline the seat.
The flight was generally fine. I got where I needed to go at a reasonable price. I wouldn't go out of my way to fly them again but if I needed to I would be happy to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.