Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

AM - current MEX checked luggage transit and Argentina entry questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas

Hola,
Looking for any recent experiences re: the following:

1) Is AM still checking transit luggage through @ MEX so one does not need to wait at baggage claim before going through customs check and then back through security to the gates?
(I was an arriving but not connecting pax in T2 in January - the baggage claim area was quite the cluster)

2) Does the AM website have a mechanism to upload travel docs in advance (such as vaccine proof, etc) or is just going to be another airport quilombo, as when I returned to the USA from MEX on AM in January?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 1:20 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Hola,
Looking for any recent experiences re: the following:

1) Is AM still checking transit luggage through @ MEX so one does not need to wait at baggage claim before going through customs check and then back through security to the gates?
(I was an arriving but not connecting pax in T2 in January - the baggage claim area was quite the cluster)

2) Does the AM website have a mechanism to upload travel docs in advance (such as vaccine proof, etc) or is just going to be another airport quilombo, as when I returned to the USA from MEX on AM in January?
1 = yes they do but not for all destinations (ex : south america) , so you need to check

this picture is from january 2022 , but its probably outdated (thanks to you i just realised they added a sticker on the right side to mention GRU)

2 = You are good for another airport quilombo , unless they change since last december
Old Mar 4, 2022, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by fifty_two
1 = yes they do but not for all destinations (ex : south america) , so you need to check

this picture is from january 2022 , but its probably outdated (thanks to you i just realised they added a sticker on the right side to mention GRU)

2 = You are good for another airport quilombo , unless they change since last december
Thanks for the info. Hopefully EZE remains on the "no bag reclaim" department but I'm tempted to waste some time by the carousel to insure that AM doesn't effitup.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by fifty_two

I was confused by the GRU on that sign as well, but both ways CDG-MEX-GRU and GRU-MEX-MAD, my baggage was checked through in late Jan 2022. All AM flights. Just commenting here for the datapoint.
Eastbay1K and Milesaway76 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.