Wiki Posts
Search

Gol: Does My Flight Exist?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2022, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, DL Platinum
Gol: Does My Flight Exist?

The flight: Gol (G3) 7682, GRU-AEP, 18 March 2022.

Two days ago, I paid $15 USD on Gol's website to hold a ticket from Sao Paulo to Buenos Aires (AEP). This is Gol's "Guaranteed Rate" feature, which holds the booking for 48 hours. Today, a few hours before the booking deadline, I logged in using my confirmation number to pay for the ticket. The system kept returning to the homepage. Then I went to Kayak, where I could not find the flight. This seemed strange, since, based on the seat map two days ago, the flight was almost empty.

Then, I called Gol directly. The agent struggled to get to the payment page, saying he was getting an error message. Finally, he took my card information, said the booking had been ticketed, and sent me an email confirming my ticket. I can also select seats on the Gol website (although it looks like, somehow, I was downgraded from a "Plus" fare, which I can prove I paid to hold, to a lower fare that does not include free bags).

At this point, I assume my flight is good to go. I believe I have a ticket number, and the reservation pulls up on Gol's website. Still, I'm confused why I can't find the flight for sale and why the agent had trouble with it. Does anyone have any access to some sort of accurate booking system to see whether the flight has been canceled? I'll be connecting from a separate ticket on another carrier, so I'm trying to avoid any nasty surprises at GRU.

Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.