Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Aeromexico MEX-OAX no SkyTeam baggage benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2022, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold

Just booked this flight and was able to select better seats with the shared DL PM benefits, but I go to add checked bags and there's nothing included... I thought SkyTeam Elite Plus gets you at least one free bag. Is that not the case for flights within Mexico?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 7:34 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by lowburn
Just booked this flight and was able to select better seats with the shared DL PM benefits, but I go to add checked bags and there's nothing included... I thought SkyTeam Elite Plus gets you at least one free bag. Is that not the case for flights within Mexico?
Not for domestic flights (unless connecting with an international skyteam flight) , booked in Lite fares (V class)
Old Jan 27, 2022, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold
I'm booked in R if that makes a difference. Even stranger, I tried upgrading to AM Plus since it's supposed to include a checked bag and costs about the same as adding one to my current reservation, however even after the upgrade the baggage allowance still says zero... am I missing something here?
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:01 pm

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum
I would just checkin at the airport. Elite plus luggage benefits aren’t restricted to intl flights like Lou get access. That being said I’m not sure of extra piece benefit when base allowance is no allowance
Old Feb 9, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
The website checked bag allowance is often wrong. R class seats should get one free bag, and moving to AM Plus will get you a second one.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, United
Extra Baggage

So on AM website its says "1 extra piece of the same weight and size according to the fare class purchased.
See terms and conditions"
on most routes. So this means if you 0 on main you will have an extra one? I had one time that they allow me to check-in for free but other time they charged me. All done at check-in. I'm Delta Gold (Elite Plus). What are your experiences?
Old Mar 3, 2022, 6:02 am
Suspended

I believe AM don't honor any Skyteam elite benefit on the "basic" airfare. But they may have changed their policy since I looked it up a couple years ago. Their website usually spells out the benefits very well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.