Wiki Posts
Search

When is JSX Getting Wi-Fi?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2021, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Delta PM, AA EXP, Wannabe SkyWest 1K
When is JSX Getting Wi-Fi?

I like JSX and happy to pay a 2-3x premium, but need connectivity when I fly. Any updates on when they'll put Wi-Fi on their planes?
Old Dec 28, 2021, 11:44 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by PotomacApproach
I like JSX and happy to pay a 2-3x premium, but need connectivity when I fly. Any updates on when they'll put Wi-Fi on their planes?
Has even anyone manufactured and certified a WiFi install for the ERJ? I don't believe any of the larger US carriers that operate E135/E145s have WiFi on them. So even if JSX wants to add WiFi, it might be hard to make the economics work, if they're going to have to bear the whole cost of that design and certification process.

On the revenue side, a lot of their flights are quite short, which might mean somewhat limited demand for WiFi.

I'm not saying they won't do it, but I could easily see how it wouldn't be worth the investment.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I don't believe any of the larger US carriers that operate E135/E145s have WiFi on them. .
They used to offer text messaging and got rid of it. I Googled around and full Wi-Fi service has been perpetually "end of next year". They also got rid of the snacks and soft drinks in the BUR waiting area, starting to feel kind of cheap for what's supposed to be a premium airline.

I've decided to move much of the Intra-CA flying I was doing with them to AS. For less money I can get the E175 solo F seats, and with Pre-Check and Clear I show up to the airport 45 mins before scheduled departure. Might still use JSX here and there for BUR weekend/night flying and when it's under $200. Current product is worth 2x WN, but if costs are the same, I'd choose AS F.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
I'm sure there are a bunch of Legacies out there with Wi-Fi, so I doubt certification is the issue. The question for Big Stripe is whether they think the connectivity is worth the cost on their short routes.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 2:51 pm
cfw

Programs: UA, DL, LH, Marriott, Amex
JSX was planning to roll out inflight Wi-Fi across its fleet in 2021, but that’s being pushed back to the end of 2022, reportedly due to supplier issues. Fortunately, JSX flights are traditionally pretty short to begin with, so this shouldn’t make a major experience difference for flyers.
https://thepointsguy.com/news/jsx-ce...cox-interview/
Old Apr 22, 2022, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Looks like they're going to rollout Starlink, but probably won't be across the fleet until well into 2023.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/21/spac...rline-jsx.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.