Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IDB on AeroMexico

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2021, 6:48 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
AM has an established track record of crappy to non existent service. Dont know why anyone would fly them.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 7:44 am

You could try making a complaint to the Mexican consumer watchdog agency, PROFECO, if AM doesn't respond appropriately to your request for compensation under the Mexican civil aviation law.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 7:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by seawolf
14 CFR 250 concerning oversales applies to foreign air transportation with respect to nonstop flight segments originating at a point within the United States.

DoT complaint would be a waste of US taxpayer money.
This.

Not only does US DOT lack jurisdiction over a non-US carrier operating between two points outside the US and not only is this a waste of taxpayer money (and one's own time), but it just gets cranked into the "unfounded" statistics which then are thrown back at consumer advocates when efforts to strengthen US consumer protections are proposed.

Put simply, making unfounded complaints not only does nothing for the individual consumer, but in the long-term, it hurts others.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
AM has an established track record of crappy to non existent service. Dont know why anyone would fly them.
Its 738s up front are the most comfortable narrow body hard product in the US/Mexico market, and its 789s up front are as good as anyone's hard product in the Americas. It is also the current most SFO direct routing to/from South America since LA suspended the LIM route. It also provides my only practical EZE evening arrival, when I can just get to my place, and get some sleep.

The F&B ranges from edible to atrocious, and the crews range from decent to "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything."

If traveling to/from the US from a non-nonstop Mexico market, I'd much rather connect on AM all in MEX T2 than deal with interline, most likely in T1.

I'd also rather have my trip help with the DL status
Mama, Brandinho1 and btonkid12345 like this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Its 738s up front are the most comfortable narrow body hard product in the US/Mexico market, and its 789s up front are as good as anyone's hard product in the Americas. It is also the current most SFO direct routing to/from South America since LA suspended the LIM route. It also provides my only practical EZE evening arrival, when I can just get to my place, and get some sleep.

The F&B ranges from edible to atrocious, and the crews range from decent to "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything."

If traveling to/from the US from a non-nonstop Mexico market, I'd much rather connect on AM all in MEX T2 than deal with interline, most likely in T1.

Guess it's a matter of personal preference. I for one would happily accept a connection in MEX T1 instead of giving my hard-earned cash to a third world company that is continuously performing a series of Highway Robberies against American customers.

We should also support AMERICAN CARRIERS during these difficult times.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 4:37 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
4000 pesos is 193USD. Probably not useful for future travel on AM for most Americans, but I would have grabbed it since I live within easy transit + Lyft distance to TIJ airport.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 8:34 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K

I should have been more specific. No problems with their in flight service or product but if things go sideways such as a pandemic, irreg ops then they will lie, refuse refunds, not comply with court orders they are terrible. I wont set foot on another AM flight. They just dont care and it shows.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
I should have been more specific. No problems with their in flight service or product but if things go sideways such as a pandemic, irreg ops then they will lie, refuse refunds, not comply with court orders they are terrible. I won’t set foot on another AM flight. They just don’t care and it shows.
And I'm still dealing with tickets purchased in November 2019. I've been the victim of their BS for a year now. My point was reasons people fly AM, and I can't say that any other Mexico-based airline will do you any better. One even suspended operations last year with no notice. I'm the last one to defend this airline.

Note that when the company emerges from Chapter 11 (US Bankruptcy case), it will have a different ownership structure, so who knows what will be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.