Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Update on catering on AeroMexico during Covid-19 and onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update on catering on AeroMexico during Covid-19 and onward

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2020, 8:58 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NickRivas
You can still get the basics for free, I got a gin&tonic complimentary...you can however pay for more premium gin but thought the complimentary one was good enough

here’s the menu from the MEX lounge
https://www.aeromexico.com/cms/sites...remier_nov.pdf

Seems like the MTY one is the same

also the waiters were very nice..for the “light” complimentary snacks they offered twice the portions which turned out a decent meal size
Does AM have these menus in English?
Old Dec 3, 2020, 9:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tobegold
Does AM have these menus in English?
you should be able to copy and paste to a translator.
Old Dec 3, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sassybritches
you should be able to copy and paste to a translator.
What about physical menus in the lounge?
Old Dec 3, 2020, 11:58 am

there were none that I saw but I’m sure if you can’t do the QR code they’ll give you a copy or ask what you want
Old Dec 3, 2020, 12:03 pm
Suspended

when I was in Mexico City they had the qr codes a few weeks ago.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 5:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by NickRivas
there were none that I saw but I’m sure if you can’t do the QR code they’ll give you a copy or ask what you want
QR code for what? Do you mean you can find an English menu by scanning a QR code?

Last edited by Mama; Dec 8, 2020 at 6:27 am
Old Dec 8, 2020, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Gold/AF Gold/HHonors Gold/AMEX Plat/Bonvoy Gold/TAP Miles and Go Gold
Hi, any idea of what is being served on a MEX-LIM flight in Clase Premier? Seems to be a snack service but hard to believe on a 5hrs30mins flight that only snacks will be served?

Thanks!
Old Dec 8, 2020, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mama
QR code for what? Do you mean you can find an English menu by scanning a QR code?
There is no need for English. There are pictures on the menu and if you cant figure out basic Spanish well you are on your own.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by skycruiserNL
Hi all,

sorry to start this topic, but I (and maybe/probably others) am interested to find out the current F&B offerings onboard AeroMexico flights.
They do operate a certain amount of longhauls too, e.g. MEX-AMS / CDG / MAD, and soon also BCN again.

Do they do their regular service? Alcohol still available?

Thanks for the answer
I just flew AM26 AMS-MEX in J.

Pre-departure beverage: choice of water/orange juice/champagne (cava?)
Appetizer: Cheese plate and salmon slice plate
Main: choice of beef (brisket), chicken, fish
Dessert: Ben Jerrys Ice cream or cheese cake

Service was friendly, food tasted good. Plane was full.
Brandinho1 and sassybritches like this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Mex-Sea flt 494

I was told by Aeromexico that there would be a lunch box served in Premier. Does anyone know what might be in this lunch box? I'm praying it isn't like the .... box served on Delta flights. Anyone able to give some insight. If need be I suppose I could oder take away from the lounge.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 8:09 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K; Cathay Diamond; Asiana Club Diamond; SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
I was told by Aeromexico that there would be a lunch box served in Premier. Does anyone know what might be in this lunch box? I'm praying it isn't like the .... box served on Delta flights. Anyone able to give some insight. If need be I suppose I could oder take away from the lounge.
Flew AM494 re-inaugural on 12/11 in Business Class. No pre-departure beverage. Drink service started right after take off with snack basket (chips, nuts and biscuits? I skipped because they all look unappealing). Was told at this point that this was all they're serving on this 6.5 hours flight. They did offer multiple rounds of drinks but do not expect any unprocessed food or lunch/dinner box. The hot food at the AM lounge costs about 8 USD -12 USD but snacks (chips, nuts, biscuits again) are free. Suggest you bring your own food or eat up before getting there.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sfosuw
Flew AM494 re-inaugural on 12/11 in Business Class. No pre-departure beverage. Drink service started right after take off with snack basket (chips, nuts and biscuits? I skipped because they all look unappealing). Was told at this point that this was all they're serving on this 6.5 hours flight. They did offer multiple rounds of drinks but do not expect any unprocessed food or lunch/dinner box. The hot food at the AM lounge costs about 8 USD -12 USD but snacks (chips, nuts, biscuits again) are free. Suggest you bring your own food or eat up before getting there.
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. I had breakfast in the lounge back in Nov on my way home and it wasn't bad, French toast with Nutella. One can't really .... up French toast lol. Maybe I'll snag some tacos before heading to the airport. So many options lol. Speaking of options is there any where good at the airport to grab food thats good?
Old Jan 10, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Here is my Aeromexico experience from January 2020 on EZE-MEX

key takeaways
​​​​​​- catering out of EZE is superior to MEX ( food is much better )
- service was very friendly
​​​​​​- 789 bar is open ( no cups out of cappuccino’s however )
- pre departure beverages offered in actual glassware

Edit: This was from January 2021

Last edited by Brandinho1; Jan 10, 2021 at 9:49 pm
Old Jan 26, 2021, 4:32 pm
Suspended

My flight out of ord to mex is showing meal service in Premier is this true? Or is it a lame snack box?
Old Feb 1, 2021, 6:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
My flight out of ord to mex is showing meal service in Premier is this true? Or is it a lame snack box?
I flew MEX- JFK and it was just a snack basket so if you get a box call it a bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.