Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Update on catering on AeroMexico during Covid-19 and onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update on catering on AeroMexico during Covid-19 and onward

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2024, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Was wondering what I can expect on LAX-MEX 12:30pm departure. Looking forward to the 788 but I know that won’t impact the meal service. Will there be a hot meal and are their a few entree choices? If so is pre ordering avail w AM?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by BusinessElite25
Sorry for spamming updates but hopefully this helps some curious ones like me. Now 12 days before and there are preselect for all 4 segments

LAX-MEX (787)
Smokesd salmon
Pasta
Sandwich bacon
Sandwich salami

MEX-SCL
Short rib
Fish
Chicken
Pasta
Hamburger
Vegetarian ratatouille
Christmas Turkey

SCL-MEX
previous post

MEX-LAX (787)
Omelette
French toast
Smoked salmon
Tamal
Where do I find pre order options ? 8 days out LAX-MEX 1230pm 788 and don’t see anything as of yet. Will it be via email?
Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:43 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Where do I find pre order options ? 8 days out LAX-MEX 1230pm 788 and don’t see anything as of yet. Will it be via email?
their pre-order is very spotty. Some times it's available, sometimes, it's not. Sometimes you get the email, sometimes you don't. I say, just check your reservation through app AND desktop to see if you see a pre-order link something.
happiest_at_40000 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:23 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
their pre-order is very spotty. Some times it's available, sometimes, it's not. Sometimes you get the email, sometimes you don't. I say, just check your reservation through app AND desktop to see if you see a pre-order link something.
...and sometimes you get the food you ordered, and sometimes not.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:18 pm

Flying SEA-MEX-SEA in a few days and this is what the pre-order menu (through desktop site) looks like for both legs.

SEA-MEX 935am departure

MEX-SEA 245pm departure
RFNJ likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 12:26 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Not that feedback was requested, but based on my catering experience out of MEX I don't think the salmon poke bowl would be anywhere near the top of my list. And I feel Aeromexi-pasta is perpetually undersauced. So, I'd veer towards the chicken or shrimp.

Last edited by snorkmaster; Apr 13, 2024 at 11:14 am
Old Apr 13, 2024, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by snorkmaster
Not that feedback was requested, but based on my catering experience out of MEX I don't think the salmon poke bowl would be anywhere near the top of my list. And I feel Aeromexi-pasta is perpetually undersauced. So, I'd veer towards the chicken or shrimp.
Only a sample size of 1 but the ravioli w Parmesan fondue out of LAX last month was generously sauced. And it was pretty good. Couldn’t believe we got an app , salad and cheese plate on a 3 hour flight. The best part was I asked the FA might she have anything sweet like a snack basket just to finish the meal off and she said there is still a dessert course. They came by with the cart with choices of cheesecake, apple tort or ice cream.
snorkmaster and Brandinho1 like this.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Apr 15, 2024 at 2:16 pm
Old Apr 23, 2024, 11:14 am

Here are the pics. Went with the omelet on the way down and chicken on the way up.

Omelet was fine. Needed some salt. Really appreciated the plain Greek yogurt. Chicken on the way up was great, moist, tasty filling. The side sauce was very flavorful and went great with the sliced Chipotle that was with the veggies. Dessert was pretty good to. flan with some cream and strawberry.

Old Apr 24, 2024, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA
Upcoming AM flight ORDMEX (730 or so) in biz. Is booze still not allowed? A glass of champagne would be nice. Also I assume I might get a menu preorder link a few days before?
Old Yesterday, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by DoctorORD
Upcoming AM flight ORDMEX (730 or so) in biz. Is booze still not allowed? A glass of champagne would be nice. Also I assume I might get a menu preorder link a few days before?
not sure about the booze but if your flight is within 2 weeks, check your reservation online (desktop) to see if you can preorder meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.