Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Update on catering on AeroMexico during Covid-19 and onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update on catering on AeroMexico during Covid-19 and onward

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: No airline/hotel status use, Chase UR, Amex MR, CapOne etc
Hey guys, I took the MEX GRU flight, there is pretty good catering and alcohol in biz class albeit abbreviated service on this 9-10 hour flight, scroll to the end of the thread here to check it out.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 1:35 am
Suspended

Back to Mexico City for me next month. These trips will be about every other month for the next 2 years. Woo hoo dental tourism! Lol Anyways, should I expect another craptastic snack bag and tiny bottle of water in first? My route is ORD-MEX.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 2:28 pm

No idea but i'd lean on probably no hot food in J as ORD - MEX is a surprisingly relatively short flight.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 5:42 am

anyone know if they serve wine/alcohol on fights within Mexico in Premier class? Have a MEX-MTY round trip flight next month and not sure if they will since it says "soft drinks" on the premier offering but used ot say alcoholic beverages before...not sure if that still stands
Old Oct 27, 2020, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by NickRivas
anyone know if they serve wine/alcohol on fights within Mexico in Premier class? Have a MEX-MTY round trip flight next month and not sure if they will since it says "soft drinks" on the premier offering but used ot say alcoholic beverages before...not sure if that still stands
Just flew MEX-CUN in Premier on the 787 yesterday. Was soft drinks and beer, didn't ask about wine. Food was a selection of biscuits or nuts.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 6:52 am

Flew TIJ-MEX (787) and MEX-MID (737) on 11/12. TIJ had predeparture OJ & water and then full bar service from the cart in Premier. Real glassware, but the self-serve bar wasn’t set up (no water bottles in the rack either). Food was one pass of the snack basket.

MID had the same PDBs and food, with full bar service from the galley.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 9:39 am

Hey guys,

Just took the same flight back home from GRU to MEX on Nov 11 on the 787-9 that I previously on Sept 25 (MEX GRU), the following has changed in these 6 weeks

1. On the way down, the onboard "coffee lounge" was closed, on the way back up it was up and fully functional serving snacks, a self serve coffee machine and waters and yes I tried the coffee machine, on this particular 787-9 it worked just fine. (@Kthomas)
2. On the way down there was no welcome champagne or juice, on the way back up now there was a champagne service.

What hasn't changed

1. Still no menu service in J, given the exact same choice of "chicken or pasta" served in cutlery. Service is friendly but brisk.
2. Almost all lounges in GRU international terminal 3 were closed or had very limited hours, I managed to find a restaurant that gave me a $27 priority pass credit though.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
The whole month cancelled so it’s a no go. Going to try on one of AA’s special flights out of Miami if I can get Argentine residency in time.

On a side note looks like AM is starting to run the inferior ( IMO ) 788 on MEX-EZE in December
Not to thread hijack but Argentina as of Octgober 30 now allowed people in from select neighboring countries including Brazilian passport holders, so you do not need residency to enter Buenos Aires, as long as you fly in from Brazil, check this out here.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PointsPanda
Not to thread hijack but Argentina as of Octgober 30 now allowed people in from select neighboring countries including Brazilian passport holders, so you do not need residency to enter Buenos Aires, as long as you fly in from Brazil, check this out here.
Well seeing that I am an American citizen I would still need residency as of now; which I did end up getting. Back on topic good to see AM bringing service offerings back in J.
Old Nov 14, 2020, 2:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by TTmex
Just flew MEX-CUN in Premier on the 787 yesterday. Was soft drinks and beer, didn't ask about wine. Food was a selection of biscuits or nuts.
The full bar service in J has been available for a couple of months, you just have to ask the FA as not all of them a bringing the trolley cart out.

It has not mattered with either AM Connect on the E90 or the AM 737/787, the service has been pretty much the same.

What still surprises me is that longer flights like MEX-HMO or MEX-CUN cannot get a proper hot snack (just the same chips, cinnamon cookies or trail mix/nuts).

The AM Salon Premier lounges are making an effort, which I appreciate. A small meal or snack has been available upon request in MTY/GDL/MEX so far.

Last edited by PointWeasel; Nov 15, 2020 at 12:56 am
Old Nov 14, 2020, 3:18 pm

I agree PointWeasel AM used to be one of my least liked airlines, but over time they've grown on me, and they really are putting an effort at restoring service. Also friendlier service and better catering has been extremely apparent ever since Delta bought in 49% of the company. I predict once covid is over their catering in both lounge and onboard will continue to improve as this was something that AM used to do really bad.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 2:51 pm

Been flying MEX-MTY a few times already this month in J

lounge service is good. They have small snacks in the MEX lounge you can grab but there’s an online menu too. There’s complimentary alcoholic drinks and food snacks...but you can also pay for a more premium drink or food the free stuff is good though
MTY lounge is pretty empty but still the same concept with the service

boarding is from back to front so J is last

there is however a PDB (juice or water)

after takeoff there’s a snack basket and alcohol drinks available

Not bad for a 1 hour flight
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:42 am

Yes I recently was in the AM lounge in MEX last week and it seems there service has switched to the same model as the priority pass / amex lounges next door. There are some small bites depending on the hour you can order, beer, coffee and i belive wine are still complimentary but mixed drinks you now have to pay for. Service/seating at the bar was also restored. Also a new feature as NickRivas said is you can actually order full meals now for a cost, but seemed a bit overpriced like $12-$20 USD for basically the same thing you can get at any restaurant outside the lounge for double the portion, but if you in a rush and wanna grab a real meal its a new feature of the lounge.

Also my experience flying Aeromexico in J is that they allow first class boarding at anytime after pre-boarding, but it could be based on the plane type.

I commend Aeromexico for trying to restore service as quickly as possible even during bankruptcy. With Interjet's dissolution imminent, Mexicans returning to fly again, and huge numers of americans coming in for vacation, I think AM's long term outlook remains ok.

I've also noticed more of their 737s have real wifi now.
TTmex likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by PointsPanda
but mixed drinks you now have to pay for
You can still get the basics for free, I got a gin&tonic complimentary...you can however pay for more premium gin but thought the complimentary one was good enough

here’s the menu from the MEX lounge
https://www.aeromexico.com/cms/sites...remier_nov.pdf

Seems like the MTY one is the same

also the waiters were very nice..for the “light” complimentary snacks they offered twice the portions which turned out a decent meal size
PointsPanda likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by NickRivas
You can still get the basics for free, I got a gin&tonic complimentary...you can however pay for more premium gin but thought the complimentary one was good enough

here’s the menu from the MEX lounge
https://www.aeromexico.com/cms/sites...remier_nov.pdf

Seems like the MTY one is the same

also the waiters were very nice..for the “light” complimentary snacks they offered twice the portions which turned out a decent meal size
Apologies, I stand corrected

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.