Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Update on catering on AeroMexico during Covid-19 and onward

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update on catering on AeroMexico during Covid-19 and onward

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2022, 5:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Your meal above doesnt look too shabby, I would be happy with that especially for 3 hours.. Looks like thats a 788 not a 789? They do 2-2-2 for such a premium flight like JFK-MEX...

Wish LA was a 789 but still nice to have a Dreamliner & lie flats for 3 hours. Looking at Row 1 in the middle so that i have larger bulkhead and no one passing over me/no on to pass over.
789 is reserved for their long haul flights to MAD and EZE if I recall. JFK and LAX can command decent fares, but can also be very cheap in J ($1000 r/t.) The cheapest I've seen MAD is more than double that, and that's rare. EZE is often more.

I haven't done row 1 middle, but I've done row 5 middle (bulkhead of the mini cabin), and I hated it. It felt very exposed, and there was no curtain. It felt much less premium than other seats. Just one man's opinion.

Either way, it's a very decent product for a 4/5 hour flight (LAX/JFK.)
Old Apr 23, 2022, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Maybe a glitch online but how can Tiajuana to MEX at 105am get a meal (says breakfast) but the 120pm from LAX to MEX on the 788 gets no food? Its showing beverages only where it usually says "Premier Lunch". Well tbh I have only flown AM MEX/BOG and got lunch and breakfast depending on the flight time. Just dont get why LAX/MEX wouldnt get lunch at 120pm but more so how does a shorter flight from Tiajuana at 1am get a meal in Premier?
although what the other posters say might very well be true…I must say that sometimes even AM don’t know what they’re doing.

Some time ago this happened to me on MTY-MEX in premier class. I had never and since then never have had a meal on the 1 hour flight, it’s always just drinks and the snack basket.
Anyway one time I realized it said breakfast for the morning flight, just thought it was a glitch but sure enough the FA came and asked if I wanted breakfast and served me that…it was very strange and it hadn’t happened again since that one time, but yes it’s random and can definitely happen
Old May 14, 2022, 9:14 am

AM 403 JFK-MEX 5/13/22 Dinner

Very good quality and taste. Thank you AM.
Old May 14, 2022, 9:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by shoodawg

Very good quality and taste. Thank you AM.
This seems more substantial than recent offerings. Nicely done. I'll be on this route in 6 weeks and will report back. AA through DFW this week back to MEX.
Old May 14, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
We’re flying Class Premiere in two weeks and these are our choices.

getting beef and pasta for both flights, will report.

MEX-LHR choices

JFK-MEX choices
Old May 14, 2022, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Nice choices. I've always had good luck with AM pasta. IIRC, the beefs can be fatty, so if that's your thing, you might like it. I don't.
Old May 15, 2022, 7:11 pm

Can anyone tell me what is served on MEX-ACA in Premier? Flight is scheduled over 1hr but actual flying time is obviously under. Assume its beverages only but is it a full bar? Can we get tequila / wine?
Old May 16, 2022, 5:26 am

Am 404 mex-jfk 5/15/22

AM+ Pasta option. Pollo was alternate.
Old May 23, 2022, 4:08 pm

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
I've had that Premier pasta with Rocquefort you selected for your MEX-LHR leg. Had it on a MEX-SFO. The flight attendant said it was AM's best pasta in her 33 years of service and I'd be inclined to agree

MEX-ACA you will only get drinks and peanuts / cookies. But you can totally get beer and tequila! Order them both at the same time or you won't have enough time to have them.
Old May 23, 2022, 9:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by asar
I've had that Premier pasta with Rocquefort you selected for your MEX-LHR leg. Had it on a MEX-SFO. The flight attendant said it was AM's best pasta in her 33 years of service and I'd be inclined to agree

MEX-ACA you will only get drinks and peanuts / cookies. But you can totally get beer and tequila! Order them both at the same time or you won't have enough time to have them.
Nice, good to know! Was there a pre-departure drink?
Old May 23, 2022, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by urifin
Nice, good to know! Was there a pre-departure drink?
AM always offers PDB cava, water or OJ or international, and almost always PDB water on domestic. Never seen anyone ask for anything else, doubt they’d provide.

PDBs are always in proper glassware.
Old May 24, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
PDB will be water or OJ, exactly. But - if you ask for tequila you might get it. Otherwise, they'll tell you they'll bring it as soon as takeoff is done.
Old May 24, 2022, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
AM always offers PDB cava, water or OJ or international, and almost always PDB water on domestic. Never seen anyone ask for anything else, doubt they’d provide.

PDBs are always in proper glassware.
In my limited experience (probably 40 to 50 segments),
MEX <-> USA narrowbody - Water and OJ or occasionally, only water
MEX <-> Int'l widebody - Usually Water, OJ and Bubbles. Occasionally, no Bubbles (and if asked, they'll open a bottle, or tell you no - in the air).

I expect that everything else would be in a tax-sealed cart, and can't be opened on the ground w/o issue.
Old May 24, 2022, 10:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
In my limited experience (probably 40 to 50 segments),
MEX <-> USA narrowbody - Water and OJ or occasionally, only water
MEX <-> Int'l widebody - Usually Water, OJ and Bubbles. Occasionally, no Bubbles (and if asked, they'll open a bottle, or tell you no - in the air).

I expect that everything else would be in a tax-sealed cart, and can't be opened on the ground w/o issue.
Almost all my USA segments are on the Dreamliner, but the few times I've taken the 737 to JFK, the PDB options have included bubbles.
Old May 24, 2022, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Almost all my USA segments are on the Dreamliner, but the few times I've taken the 737 to JFK, the PDB options have included bubbles.
I need to start flying out of JFK if AM is doing their Dreamliner. Had the luck of getting on feom LAX to MEX. ORD gets the 737-800

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.