Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other North and South American Airlines
Reload this Page >

Volaris - Is this refund right or should I charge back?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2020, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN, Alaska, AA, Hilton, Marriott

Brief summary:

I bought a flight from MEX-GDL-SMF for my wife on Volaris in February for a late March trip. The initial ticket price was approximately $340. When COVID hit, we decided to push her trip back 2 months. Volaris didn't charge us a change fee, but there was approximately a $60 fare difference which we then paid.

Fast forward to yesterday, we received an email stating that the flight was canceled. They offered to return $320 which is about 7700 pesos.

My question is, am I entitled to the other $80 that we paid but did not receive back? Or because they converted to a foreign currency (The peso dropped ~20 percent since February as compared to the dollar), did we just have bad luck?

Last edited by acardio; May 14, 2020 at 10:29 am Reason: clarification
Old May 14, 2020, 8:30 pm

The refund should be issued in the same currency with which you paid. If you paid in pesos and that amount was converted to dollars by your credit card, that is not Volaris' responsibility. If you paid Volaris in dollars, they should refund the same amount of dollars to you.
Old May 17, 2020, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN, Alaska, AA, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by jjbiv
The refund should be issued in the same currency with which you paid. If you paid in pesos and that amount was converted to dollars by your credit card, that is not Volaris' responsibility. If you paid Volaris in dollars, they should refund the same amount of dollars to you.
When we booked the ticket we were charged in dollars, and that is the price that they displayed on their website (when you choose your region).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.